1st off road adventure…

RHOfan

Well-known member
Founding Member ⚙️
Joined
May 22, 2024
Messages
1,821
Media
119
Reaction score
2,781
Current Ride
Ram RHO
Wife & I headed to Wave Cave trail in Superstition Mountains yesterday. 8+ miles of dirt road to reach trailhead. Semi-maintained roadway. I’ve driven my X5 on this road once & cringed the whole way, expecting a rock to take out some portion of the drivetrain.

Not the case in the RHO…50MPH, full throttle up the hills & around turns. My wife giggled at least 3-4x & I felt like a kid again.

Observations: Baja mode really softens the suspension, but holds too much RPM for my taste. So, I manual shifted. Hurricane HO really comes to life over 3500RPM, but you run out of revs quick, as redline is 5750RPM. I think folks accustomed to TRX will appreciate the lighter front end.

Overall, a fun experience that I hope to duplicate many times in the coming months!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1433.webp
    IMG_1433.webp
    170.9 KB · Views: 223
  • IMG_1434.webp
    IMG_1434.webp
    140.5 KB · Views: 193
I love that you are enjoying your truck and not keeping it as pavement princess.
Can’t really see the point of NOT taking your RHO off-road. Get some mud guards & some PPF & get dirty!

I suppose if you are going to mount 22”s with a more street oriented tire, it would make a nice street ride. IDK.
 
Wife & I headed to Wave Cave trail in Superstition Mountains yesterday. 8+ miles of dirt road to reach trailhead. Semi-maintained roadway. I’ve driven my X5 on this road once & cringed the whole way, expecting a rock to take out some portion of the drivetrain.

Not the case in the RHO…50MPH, full throttle up the hills & around turns. My wife giggled at least 3-4x & I felt like a kid again.

Observations: Baja mode really softens the suspension, but holds too much RPM for my taste. So, I manual shifted. Hurricane HO really comes to life over 3500RPM, but you run out of revs quick, as redline is 5750RPM. I think folks accustomed to TRX will appreciate the lighter front end.

Overall, a fun experience that I hope to duplicate many times in the coming months!
Love the Superstitions! You just gave me a new road trip idea :) Found the same here in Colorado. Baja great for running over heavy washboard and deep ruts, but keeps revs too high. Time to try out a new custom setting.
 
DIY Rocker Stripe - Keep or Trash? Fuse box layout *** Post New RHO Photos Here *** What did you do to your RHO Today? 2026 RAM RHO Order/Schedule/Build Thread What did you do to your RHO Today?
DIY Rocker Stripe - Keep or Trash? Fuse box layout *** Post New RHO Photos Here *** What did you do to your RHO Today?

Trending content

Back
Top