Are backordered parts a common issue with the RHO?

Molten_Mountain_Man

New member
Joined
Sep 14, 2026
Messages
10
Media
4
Reaction score
24
Current Ride
2027 Ram RHO
I am a first-time RAM owner that took possession of a custom ordered Level 1 RHO in September. My dealer caused significant damage to the closeout panel when he was installing a tire upgrade I purchased from them when I got the truck (don't ask me how). The dealer owned up to the damage and said they'd fix it for free, but then he said the part was on backorder with no known ETA. He kind of made a joke that it could be 3 weeks or 3 months or 3 years before he got the part. I thought he was just joking, but then I've noticed many posts on this forum where people seem to be waiting long times for backordered parts. I definitely would not have purchased a RAM if I had known this was an issue. Is lack of OEM replacement parts for the RHO a common and persistent issue? If so, I may truly regret getting the RHO instead of the Raptor. @RamCares
 
A few weeks ago I was speaking to the rep about the same issue. His explanation was supply chain issues affecting everyone. RAM doesn't make most of the parts that go into the truck, they buy them and assemble them. In my case my 2018 Jeep needed a module that was made by a company that went out of business. They literally had to get one out of a junkyard to do the repair.

How much of that is true and how much of it is Stellantis doesn't want a lot of cash sitting around in parts inventory is open for discussion. They push suppliers hard for just in time deliveries to avoid that and delays happen. Just be thankful that you're not waiting for something that makes the truck undriveable.

John
 
There's plenty of parts - they are just sending them to Sterling Heights to make new vehicles instead of shipping them to dealers for repairs.
 
There's plenty of parts - they are just sending them to Sterling Heights to make new vehicles instead of shipping them to dealers for repairs.
Bingo.

They don’t have enough parts shortages to stop production… they simply value selling vehicles higher than appeasing existing customers.

To answer your question, yes this is a common problem. When my digital cluster went bad last year I was told I’d need to park the truck at the dealer for 3mo+ before they’d have a replacement part available. I opted to just keep driving it, but that has led to new issues now that all of my initial problems are still existing and Stellantis is telling me they won’t consider buyback/replacement since I’ve put so many miles on the vehicle.

I don’t know what advice to give you… but you’re not alone.
 
Bingo.

They don’t have enough parts shortages to stop production… they simply value selling vehicles higher than appeasing existing customers.

To answer your question, yes this is a common problem. When my digital cluster went bad last year I was told I’d need to park the truck at the dealer for 3mo+ before they’d have a replacement part available. I opted to just keep driving it, but that has led to new issues now that all of my initial problems are still existing and Stellantis is telling me they won’t consider buyback/replacement since I’ve put so many miles on the vehicle.

I don’t know what advice to give you… but you’re not alone.
Thanks for the reply. Perhaps if we make this issue more public then Ram will have to give it more attention. I dunno. I know it's a first world problem and the damage was the dealer's fault....and that I'm lucky it's a cosmetic issue. However, my first experience as a RAM owner has been frustrated by this dealer damage experience and lack of parts issue.
 
I am a first-time RAM owner that took possession of a custom ordered Level 1 RHO in September. My dealer caused significant damage to the closeout panel when he was installing a tire upgrade I purchased from them when I got the truck (don't ask me how). The dealer owned up to the damage and said they'd fix it for free, but then he said the part was on backorder with no known ETA. He kind of made a joke that it could be 3 weeks or 3 months or 3 years before he got the part. I thought he was just joking, but then I've noticed many posts on this forum where people seem to be waiting long times for backordered parts. I definitely would not have purchased a RAM if I had known this was an issue. Is lack of OEM replacement parts for the RHO a common and persistent issue? If so, I may truly regret getting the RHO instead of the Raptor. @RamCares
Hi!

Thanks for reaching out to us. Please feel free to PM us, so we can look into this for you.

Gia
Ram Cares
 
What did you do to your RHO Today? 2026 RAM RHO Order/Schedule/Build Thread Hunter Road Force Balancer & Maverick Tire Machine Garage or Carport, NEED some TRX owners advice JANUARY order updates! What did you do to your RHO Today?
What did you do to your RHO Today? 2026 RAM RHO Order/Schedule/Build Thread Hunter Road Force Balancer & Maverick Tire Machine Garage or Carport, NEED some TRX owners advice
Back
Top