HELP! Is the Stellantis engineer right?

VegasRHO

New member
Founding Member ⚙️
Joined
Sep 6, 2024
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I had a 2019 Ram Limited and loved it. In 2025, I debated between an another Limited or an RHO. I elected to go with the RHO and I've put on 34k miles with minimal issues. A month ago the Active Driving Assist stopped working as well as the crash detection. First the dealer replaced the radar module located on the bumper. That didn't take care of the problem so they replaced the module behind the rearview mirror. Still didn't fix the problem so the dealer said an engineer would need to look at the vehicle. The Stellantis engineer's assessment was that because the truck has aftermarket wheels, the alignment of the radar is off and they won't fix it under warranty. (I put the wheels on when the truck had 100 miles on it.) So no problems for 34k miles but now it's an issue. I'm running stock tires. No change in ride height. The stock wheels are 18x9 +19 offset. The aftermarket wheels I put on are 18x9 0 offset. I'm no engineer but I can't figure out how no change in ride height but going from a +19 offset to 0 offset would make a difference. Is there something I'm missing?

Sounds like total BS to me. So beware that your warranty may not be covered by a simple change of wheels even if ride height is no t altered. Help anyone?
 
Stupidest argument ever.
 
I am an engineer. That guy is clueless. The data is clear. You drove it for 34,000 miles like that and it worked fine all that time.
 
Clearly, somebody is full of $hit. It very, possibly could be the engineer, or it could be the middleman that relayed his version of the message from the engineer to you. If you still have the stock wheels prove the liars wrong. If you don’t check with somebody near you, somebody has a set of stock wheels somewhere.
 
They’re icing you because your 3yr/36k is almost up. This sounds dumb considering there are tons of people with leveling kits and wheels and tires with no issues.
 
Ram coupon? RHO muffler delete OEM Exhaust flaps BAK Revolver X4TS 26 RHO oil change second oil analysis and oil change process Silver Zynith
Ram coupon? RHO muffler delete OEM Exhaust flaps BAK Revolver X4TS
Back
Top