You are correct. I could do that but the time to do so for each piece would raise the prices considerably. Unfortunately, I am dealing with hundreds of pieces and not a single Benchy. My goal is to offer a low cost solution to solve a simple problem. By adding that process it would create another variable that increases time and cost. Not to mention potential heath risks. If anything I would look at a molding. Thanks!since you are already printing from ABS you could just smooth them with acetone to hide any layers, they would amazing! I print in my office so nothing smelly like ABS or ASA will ever be allowed lol
View attachment 34098
I did try that on a few of them and was left mixed results. Some looked nice, others were ruined. It also took a crazy amount of time to do 24 of them. Overall, people love the product as is and not received any true negative feedback on the production quality. For me, the only true way to manage this is have a mold produced but that requires purchasing in the thousands. I am a young business and would still like to iterate as feedback rolls in. 3D printing allows me to do so. I have to consider time, effort and energy to which I have done so; pouring my heart into making this a solid solution. Nevertheless, I welcome discerning feedback as it only makes me and my company better. For thank I thank you.What would giving them a quick blast with a torch do? Shine them up and smooth them out?
With curiosity, I did this to a cap and although it came out smooth and effectively piano black, the exterior felt weaker and not worthy of the application. Good in fidgets and toys but I would not want to do it. Also, the time it took to smooth and then for it to cure would lead to extensive delays.since you are already printing from ABS you could just smooth them with acetone to hide any layers, they would amazing! I print in my office so nothing smelly like ABS or ASA will ever be allowed lol
View attachment 34098
In case you are still looking for some lug nut covers...the ones my daughter made for me go on decently snug and have to come off with substancial effort. Also, they are hex shaped and not round: https://www.ram-rho.com/threads/hexagonal-black-lug-nut-covers.4964/I checked out your site, they look good. I gotta wonder how well they stay on though. In the video they looked to slide on way to easily to stay put. How many miles have you logged without losing any?
if the diameter of the wheel lock is a larger diameter than what the opposing "flats" on the hex lug nut is, then no, it will not. I have McGard locks on my '14 sport, and the hex lug nut covers will not fit...but the O.D. of the McGard locking nut is significantly larger than the OEM lug nut.Will these work if you have 1 round LOCK lug?