Manual Retractable Tonneau Covers

Anotha' one for Retrax 💯

There's options for standard tonneau rails or T-slot rails if you plan to add a rack, and none compete with the limited lifetime warranty. Feel free to DM me and we can look at which model works best for your setup :cool:
Talk to the engineers about making so you can unlock it from the bottom so you dont need to carry that extra key around just to open your cover. :)
 
I'm considering the Retrax ProMX, the Peragon Limited HD, and the EGR RollTrac manual covers. They all seem very similar. But...the EGR manual is on sale now for $999. The Retrax is $1999 and the Peragon Limited is $1699. Any reason not to go with the EGR?
Had a retrax on my silverado for 9 years. Stood up to tons of sun and some abuse. Never faded or looked worn. Its more. But worth it.
 
I'm considering the Retrax ProMX, the Peragon Limited HD, and the EGR RollTrac manual covers. They all seem very similar. But...the EGR manual is on sale now for $999. The Retrax is $1999 and the Peragon Limited is $1699. Any reason not to go with the EGR?
I had the retrax on my AT4, very nice cover. I went with the EGR on the RHO. Retrax uses clamps, the EGR actually bolts to existing mounting points in the bed. It's definitely solid!
 
I had a Retrax on my old truck and I liked it a lot, got me hooked on the retractable format, but it leaked pretty bad. I’m hoping they truly have improved the water management/drainage as I have the new Retrax Pro FRC-4000 that can be removed from the truck sitting in a box in the garage.

Has anyone tried to install this beast themselves or is it just better to have a shop do it?
 
I’ve watched a few videos and it looks easy to install.
 
  • Like
Reactions: rpr
I had a Retrax on my old truck and I liked it a lot, got me hooked on the retractable format, but it leaked pretty bad. I’m hoping they truly have improved the water management/drainage as I have the new Retrax Pro FRC-4000 that can be removed from the truck sitting in a box in the garage.

Has anyone tried to install this beast themselves or is it just better to have a shop do it?
i have been through quite a bit of rain with mine, and the cover itself doesn't leak i do get some water coming in through the tailgate gaps on the sides. so i ordered a seal kit to help mitigate that. if you install it correctly you shouldn't get much if any water.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: rpr
I had the retrax on my AT4, very nice cover. I went with the EGR on the RHO. Retrax uses clamps, the EGR actually bolts to existing mounting points in the bed. It's definitely solid!
How’s it do keeping water out?
 
I had a Retrax on my old truck and I liked it a lot, got me hooked on the retractable format, but it leaked pretty bad. I’m hoping they truly have improved the water management/drainage as I have the new Retrax Pro FRC-4000 that can be removed from the truck sitting in a box in the garage.

Has anyone tried to install this beast themselves or is it just better to have a shop do it?
My wife installed out. I’m sure you can do it.

Chris
 
i have been through quite a bit of rain with mine, and the cover itself doesn't leak i do get some water coming in through the tailgate gaps on the sides. so i ordered a seal kit to help mitigate that. if you install it correctly you shouldn't get much if any water.
Awesome! Exactly, no cover is fully water proof but when installed correctly there shouldn't be more than a few drips coming through if any at all.
 
I had a Retrax on my old truck and I liked it a lot, got me hooked on the retractable format, but it leaked pretty bad. I’m hoping they truly have improved the water management/drainage as I have the new Retrax Pro FRC-4000 that can be removed from the truck sitting in a box in the garage.

Has anyone tried to install this beast themselves or is it just better to have a shop do it?

Glad to hear you liked it! Sorry to hear it leaked but you'll be happy to hear they have all been updated to incorporate better perimeter seals and drainage systems compared with older versions, which helps reduce water getting past the edges and into the bed.

The Retrax Pro FRC-4000 is very simple to install. If you have any questions on that feel free to PM me, happy to assist.
 
  • Like
Reactions: rpr
The FRC-4000 is looking really good to me. That removable canister solves some concerns I have.
 
Anyone run the BAK REVOLVER X4S HARD ROLL-UP TONNEAU COVER?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4263.webp
    IMG_4263.webp
    108.8 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_4264.webp
    IMG_4264.webp
    100.6 KB · Views: 35
It's a popular pick. You have the convenience of full bed access with security and the sleek stylings of a soft cover, all in one. Feel free to DM me if you have questions or want a pricing quote!
Would you please send me a price quote on this? I have another 60 days or so (I hope) until I get my RHO but I want to have cover ready to install on day one
 
Would you please send me a price quote on this? I have another 60 days or so (I hope) until I get my RHO but I want to have cover ready to install on day one
Congrats! Fingers crossed that it comes in sooner! I've sent you a DM.
 
I liked my Retrax just fine, although it wasn't nearly as watertight as the soft cover I had before it. The thing I didn't like about it is that the lock is on the driver's side and so the passenger side has some room to move near the tailgate. The thing I really did like about it was the customer service. My first cover's wheels ate into the track for some reason. Sent me a new cover and a rail, no questions asked after I sent them pics.

Switched to the Decked drawers and the Leitner rack, Retrax is sitting in the garage. Probably going to sell it.
 
Jeep Owner just ordered RHO from Jim Glover yesterday! Joining the team What did you do to your RHO Today? First 3 days with my Forged Blue RHO.  Limited to RHO. Overland- Let's see those racks, toppers, and RTTs What did you do to your RHO Today? Molten Red- not RHO
Jeep Owner just ordered RHO from Jim Glover yesterday! Joining the team What did you do to your RHO Today? First 3 days with my Forged Blue RHO.  Limited to RHO. Overland- Let's see those racks, toppers, and RTTs

Trending content

Back
Top