Percentage of RHOs with issues?

Do you have issues with your RHO


  • Total voters
    123
Yikes. Headed the wrong direction here. I get that we likely have more people with issues on the board than the broader population of owner, but we are pushing 1 in 3 with issues. The last time I looked here it was 1 in 5. Ugh.
 
fully charged batteries are 12.6, but should be in the 14s when the alternator is running, check them with a volt meter on them when the truck is off.
I wish I would have checked with a volt meter on day 1 before I put it on a tender.

I’ll leave it off the tender for the next few days and run some tests. See if they’re being drained and report back.
 
Tested batteries this morning before starting the truck and they both read 12.7V. So good readings. I’ll continue to keep the truck OFF of the battery tender and see if they’re being drained continue to hold.

I’ll also be out of town for about a week, the second week of April. I’ll leave it off the tender then as well and see what happens.
 
Alrighty. So I've been testing battery levels every morning this week before turning the truck on and this is what I've gotten.

3/24
Main 12.71
Aux 12.71

3/25
Main 12.67
Aux 12.65

3/26
Main 12.47
Aux 12.44

Today, I had ceramic tint applied to all windows. 4 windows on doors, windshield, rear glass, and panoramic moonroof. It took about 5 hours and the shop had the doors open the entire time. I was totally convinced the truck was not going to start when they were done but I was wrong. Started up no problem. I decided to take a battery reading when I got home which was only about 15 minutes from the tint shop and to my surprise the batteries read the following voltages.

Main 12.83
Aux 12.81

For anyone reading this in the future, today is Wednesday. The last time the truck was on a battery tender was Sunday. I have had no battery issues whatsoever.
I'll continue updating the readings I'm getting from my meter.
 
Alrighty. So I've been testing battery levels every morning this week before turning the truck on and this is what I've gotten.

3/24
Main 12.71
Aux 12.71

3/25
Main 12.67
Aux 12.65

3/26
Main 12.47
Aux 12.44

Today, I had ceramic tint applied to all windows. 4 windows on doors, windshield, rear glass, and panoramic moonroof. It took about 5 hours and the shop had the doors open the entire time. I was totally convinced the truck was not going to start when they were done but I was wrong. Started up no problem. I decided to take a battery reading when I got home which was only about 15 minutes from the tint shop and to my surprise the batteries read the following voltages.

Main 12.83
Aux 12.81

For anyone reading this in the future, today is Wednesday. The last time the truck was on a battery tender was Sunday. I have had no battery issues whatsoever.
I'll continue updating the readings I'm getting from my meter.
3rd day reading appears to show a drain.
 
3rd day reading appears to show a drain.
Yeah it does but the alternator is definitely doing its job even after a 15 minute drive, after tint shop had all doors open for 5 hours, charging all the way back up to 12.8.

Big test will be when I’m out of town for a week in mid April.
 
Picked mine up 1st of April. 1500 miles and no issues so far!! Fingers crossed!!
 
Hey yall. One more thing to look out for. I picked up my truck Wednesday and my guy doing PPF and ceramic coating pointed out that the driver side headlight has the protective lacquer peeling/missing. It prevents the headlights from yellowing and I would have never seen it but he has perfect lighting and at a perfect angle I was able to take a photo. He told me this would be a warranty item.. so check your lights
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4307.webp
    IMG_4307.webp
    130.7 KB · Views: 131
Hey yall. One more thing to look out for. I picked up my truck Wednesday and my guy doing PPF and ceramic coating pointed out that the driver side headlight has the protective lacquer peeling/missing. It prevents the headlights from yellowing and I would have never seen it but he has perfect lighting and at a perfect angle I was able to take a photo. He told me this would be a warranty item.. so check your lights
Yeah…mine had an impact mark on the edge…no damage to the surrounding area, so it appears the headlight had been dropped or banged into something before install at the factory. My dealer agreed to replace it until they saw the cost. They used some sort of acid cleaner to smooth the impact mark, but there is a tiny crack in the lens.

I’m keeping an eye on it. If it leaks & begins to fog the lens, dealer has agreed to replace it.
 
Yeah…mine had an impact mark on the edge…no damage to the surrounding area, so it appears the headlight had been dropped or banged into something before install at the factory. My dealer agreed to replace it until they saw the cost. They used some sort of acid cleaner to smooth the impact mark, but there is a tiny crack in the lens.

I’m keeping an eye on it. If it leaks & begins to fog the lens, dealer has agreed to replace it.
This doesn't make sense to me. The dealer isn't footing the bill for this, are they? Why would they care what it costs ?
 
Yeah…mine had an impact mark on the edge…no damage to the surrounding area, so it appears the headlight had been dropped or banged into something before install at the factory. My dealer agreed to replace it until they saw the cost. They used some sort of acid cleaner to smooth the impact mark, but there is a tiny crack in the lens.

I’m keeping an eye on it. If it leaks & begins to fog the lens, dealer has agreed to replace it.
Yeah, hard pass on that. That crack is a weak point that shouldn’t be there. Likely becomes a failure after repeated thermal or vibe loading. Why “wait and see” if it’s clearly damaged from the factory?
 
I don't care one bit who foots the bill, as long as it's not any of us. Raise the issue and have them fix it, simple as that.
 
This doesn't make sense to me. The dealer isn't footing the bill for this, are they? Why would they care what it costs ?
Because they couldn’t get an immediate approval from the warranty group. It’s something that should have been caught at PDI, so asking for it 300 miles after delivery…they need solid proof it was damaged before install.

Plus, the damage is so tiny, taking photos…it looks just like one of the plastic mold lines, especially after they cleaned off the impact mark. It’s not a mold line, but tough to provide conclusive evidence in an iPad photo.

The dealer where I bought it is on my side. Of course, if my service advisor splits, I’m gonna get screwed. At this point, IDC. I’ve been thru enough nonsense between dying batteries & safety system faults & extended dealer stays. This is minor BS, by comparison.
 
Because they couldn’t get an immediate approval from the warranty group. It’s something that should have been caught at PDI, so asking for it 300 miles after delivery…they need solid proof it was damaged before install.

Plus, the damage is so tiny, taking photos…it looks just like one of the plastic mold lines, especially after they cleaned off the impact mark. It’s not a mold line, but tough to provide conclusive evidence in an iPad photo.

The dealer where I bought it is on my side. Of course, if my service advisor splits, I’m gonna get screwed. At this point, IDC. I’ve been thru enough nonsense between dying batteries & safety system faults & extended dealer stays. This is minor BS, by comparison.
This is NOT on you though...it has 300 miles, it is under warranty, just have them replace it, the proof is in the photo, it's worn, it's not supposed to do that, why would you not fight this, it's not your responsibility. You are the victim here, you're not responsible for the PDI or the results thereof. What warranty plan do you have and through whom?
 
Drove home with mine July 1st from Mark Dodge. I live in Baton Rouge so it was a two hour drive.

I have had some minor issues with the electronics, and a couple other things that haven't been catastrophic but who knows what it will lead to.?

One of my major concerns is putting the truck in drive and it not wanting to move. Like it's hesitating. It may be something to do with the parking brake now that I think about it, and I will check for that next time it happens.

Sometimes the lights on the shifter will go out. It went out on me yesterday and a shifter service warning popped up for the first time.
Idle has seemed strange at times.
The lagging on the main display is super annoying, but I know quite a few of us are experiencing this.
I have been fortunate to not have any battery issues to date and keeping my fingers crossed that I don't.

Only other thing I can think of is cosmetic, the roof of the truck has a paint defect.
Im wondering if its even worth bringing to their attention, but it would suck for that to turn into a major issue down the road.
 
Drove home with mine July 1st from Mark Dodge. I live in Baton Rouge so it was a two hour drive.

I have had some minor issues with the electronics, and a couple other things that haven't been catastrophic but who knows what it will lead to.?

One of my major concerns is putting the truck in drive and it not wanting to move. Like it's hesitating. It may be something to do with the parking brake now that I think about it, and I will check for that next time it happens.

Sometimes the lights on the shifter will go out. It went out on me yesterday and a shifter service warning popped up for the first time.
Idle has seemed strange at times.
The lagging on the main display is super annoying, but I know quite a few of us are experiencing this.
I have been fortunate to not have any battery issues to date and keeping my fingers crossed that I don't.

Only other thing I can think of is cosmetic, the roof of the truck has a paint defect.
Im wondering if its even worth bringing to their attention, but it would suck for that to turn into a major issue down the road.

Have EVERYTHING at least documented by the dealer. Some of the issues you're experiencing sound like less serious versions of some gnarly problems people have had. Best to have the paperwork in order
 
Have EVERYTHING at least documented by the dealer. Some of the issues you're experiencing sound like less serious versions of some gnarly problems people have had. Best to have the paperwork in order
Forgive me if the question is dumb...

Are you saying to call the dealer and let them know about all of these?
Just want to be clear
 
Forgive me if the question is dumb...

Are you saying to call the dealer and let them know about all of these?
Just want to be clear

I would take it in and have them DX at least.
 
Finally had to bite the bullet and sell the ‘old’ girl. Love the truck (when it works), but constantly guessing at what wouldn’t work, which idiot lights would come on, etc finally got to me. Not having confidence in your daily is no bueno. RAM needs to fix this effing electrical architecture because it sucks ass.
 
New Member In Northern California Silver ppf & tint $10-14k off MSRP with Adam @ Jim Glover | Awesome dealer! Seriously.. ? Baja Design LP9 Bump kit CNC vinyl
New Member In Northern California Silver ppf & tint $10-14k off MSRP with Adam @ Jim Glover | Awesome dealer! Seriously.. ?

Trending content

Back
Top