CEL on First Drive

This is my first Ram truck and I'm not familiar with Ram Cares. Do you open up a case online or do you have to call?
Like others have mentioned, you have to call. The system is garbage. Your case manager will leave you hanging. They won’t update you when they say they will. Unfortunately I had to be that guy and I called/emailed daily after my truck had been in for 30+ days. I kept notes of each date and time I called and what the results were. In the end I was offered more than my monthly payment and an extended warranty. I haven’t signed my offer yet as I want a clear date when my truck will have the correct software put back in to go 117mph rather than the new 98mph I’m stuck with currently.
 
Great insight. I appreciate it, all. I called in today and got a case created. If I can get a fixed vehicle and monthly payments covered, I won't be so salty. A loaner would be nice as well!
 
I had CEL come one at 850 miles two weeks ago. took it straight to dealer who kept it a few days and said they couldn't re-create it. They drove it almost 50 miles and the CEL never came back on. I picked it up and haven't had any issue since so we will see what happens.
 
CEL came on again at 1400 miles. Code was again P1CEA and happened a few days after gas fill-up. I drove it a few miles a bit more aggressive and the CEL was off after I re-started. Hopefully it's nothing, but certainly shouldn't be happening.
 
Long story short. Truck was at 2 different service departments for a total of 42 days and over 500 miles of test drives with CEL P2AF6 and U0418 as well as blind spot monitor not working. It appears replacing the Power Control Module (PCM) and new Auxiliary Battery may have fixed my issues.
 
Long story short. Truck was at 2 different service departments for a total of 42 days and over 500 miles of test drives with CEL P2AF6 and U0418 as well as blind spot monitor not working. It appears replacing the Power Control Module (PCM) and new Auxiliary Battery may have fixed my issues.
Say hello to a 98 mph top speed after your PCM replacement. Ask me how I know…..
 
Hi, My truck just pulled P2C90 - problem for me is i need to pass smog and that code fails.. any ideas ?
 
2026 RAM RHO Order/Schedule/Build Thread How easily is RHO stolen? 2027 Ram RHO rumors What did you do to your RHO Today? RHO winch kit for factory bumper BREAKING NEWS: 2026 Ram 1500 TRX being released into the wild this weekend Roadkill nights big shocker on the 6.2..
2026 RAM RHO Order/Schedule/Build Thread How easily is RHO stolen? 2027 Ram RHO rumors What did you do to your RHO Today?

Latest Discussions...

Trending content

Back
Top