Couldn't understand why my mirrors had been so off over the last few months... :)

The weight loss continues.
I'm down to 197.5 from 338.4...

View attachment 28183
Damn brother, that's inspiring! I'm just starting my weight loss journey myself. Currently at 273 but want to drop about 80-100 lbs to be back at my target weight for my height and build (I'm a bit vertically challenged at 5'9") and I know the hardest part is the lifestyle changes necessary. My diet sucks, late night snacking is my vice and I'm pretty sedentary at work so I have an uphill battle for sure. Back in 2019 I managed to drop about 45 lbs in 4 months doing a version of KETO but I sort of fell off after a few months. Of course since then I've gained it all back....stress and life will do that shit to you.
 
I don’t think there is any flaming when it comes to your health. You’re doing a great job!!

My liver enzymes are slightly elevated after my most recent physical, and I’ll be taking a break as well…

Like you I’ve lost 25lbs since January (212, now 187)…would like to be between 180-185…I’m 6’1”. Need to get cut for summer 🤣

Chris
 
Last edited:
I don’t think there is any flaming when it comes to your health. You’re doing a great job!!

My liver enzymes are slightly elevated after my most recent physical, and I’ll be taking a break as well…

Like you I’ve lost 25lbs since January (212, now 187)…would like to be between 180-185…I’m 6’1” btw. Need to get cut for summer 🤣

Chris
Just FYI…I’m an RN…

Our livers are highly resilient, BUT…once serious damage shows in bloodwork, there’s no going back. IOW, once your liver reaches a point where it can no longer maintain your blood homeostasis, your F’d!

So, take those “slightly elevated” liver enzymes seriously!

The GI doc who told me to lose 25lbs & cut my drinking…80% of his patients are in liver failure. After a certain age, transplant is not an option. It’s all about treating symptoms…but the drugs only take you so far. It’s an ugly, ugly death.
 
Last edited:
Just FYI…I’m an RN…

Our livers are highly resilient, BUT…once serious damage shows in bloodwork, there’s no going back. IOW, once your liver reaches a point where it can no longer maintain your blood homeostasis, your F’d!

So, take those “slightly elevated” liver enzymes seriously!

The GI doc who told me to lose 25lbs & cut my drinking…80% of his patients are in liver failure. After a certain age, transplant is no an option. It’s all about treating symptoms…but the drugs only take you so far. It’s an ugly, ugly death.
Now I'm really glad I don't drink, smoke, or do drugs.

Food was always my crutch, but since Zepbound, it's lost its power over me.

Since the GLP1, I HATE anything with too much sugar. I got a small box (10 pieces) of mixed chocolate from the kids for Valentine's Day. It's still in my nightstand with 6 or 7 pieces in it.

I CRAVE protein now. I could literally eat just protein and be okay with it. Steak and eggs is my favorite meal.

My portion sizes are down by 2/3 to 3/4. Reference: A McD's 2 Cheeseburger meal is too much food. I got one the other day while I was getting my wife's SUV detailed, and brought half the fries and one burger home for the dogs.
 
Now I'm really glad I don't drink, smoke, or do drugs.

Food was always my crutch, but since Zepbound, it's lost its power over me.

Since the GLP1, I HATE anything with too much sugar. I got a small box (10 pieces) of mixed chocolate from the kids for Valentine's Day. It's still in my nightstand with 6 or 7 pieces in it.

I CRAVE protein now. I could literally eat just protein and be okay with it. Steak and eggs is my favorite meal.

My portion sizes are down by 2/3 to 3/4. Reference: A McD's 2 Cheeseburger meal is too much food. I got one the other day while I was getting my wife's SUV detailed, and brought half the fries and one burger home for the dogs.
The dogs are GLP-1 fans now!
 
I may have to talk to my doc and look into Zepbound I guess.....

My wife has been on GLP1 (Mounjaro) injections and has dropped about 65 lbs. So I know it works.....it's high time I started taking my health more seriously, although all my labs, etc. are pretty good with each physical. Aside from being really overweight, my T-levels are a bit on the low end of the scale but I'm also pushing 50 so those two factors certainly aren't helping.
 
I may have to talk to my doc and look into Zepbound I guess.....

My wife has been on GLP1 (Mounjaro) injections and has dropped about 65 lbs. So I know it works.....it's high time I started taking my health more seriously, although all my labs, etc. are pretty good with each physical. Aside from being really overweight, my T-levels are a bit on the low end of the scale but I'm also pushing 50 so those two factors certainly aren't helping.
I was PERFECTLY healthy until age 50. It was like my warranty ran out. Ha!

T-levels come back on their own as you lose weight. You’ll see.
 
Lock Off Road Wheels Now Available @ 797 Mopar RHO reusable Air filter video Is this a forming split on the body of RHO? J&L Catch Cans Back In Stock What did you do to your RHO Today? YOLO: 4Runner to RHO
Lock Off Road Wheels Now Available @ 797 Mopar RHO reusable Air filter video Is this a forming split on the body of RHO? J&L Catch Cans Back In Stock

Trending content

Back
Top