Doors not locking

You guys that are having door lock issues - when you try to lock it with the key fob, does the vehicle do all the "other" things that would make it think it's locked? Like turn off lights, honk horn, or whatever?
I'm wondering if it's a signal problem, or a physical/electrical problem. My daughter's Charger had an intermittent door lock issue, and it turned out to be a faulty relay on the BCM board (had to replace the whole BCM because of it). In that case, you could physically hear the relay failing (it was a fairly loud click under the dash when pressing the door lock button). Even if your problem isn't due to a faulty relay, I'm wondering if inadequate voltage to the relay would be causing it. Or is it really a software glitch, and the truck isn't even trying to lock.
Yes, everything else seemed normal, just didn't hear the mechanical sound you can hear when the doors lock/unlock. Horn beeps, lights on, etc. I actually first noticed it because my rear driver's side door was locked when I was trying to get my water bottle. So I hit the unlock button on the fob in my pocket, no luck. Driver's side door was open, so I hit the unlock button on the panel, which also didn't work. Then I manually pulled the lock up and opened the rear door. Then I started my own testing... then gave up and left it unlocked and went in the gym. When I came out, everything worked fine and I figured I'd post for another story to document.
 
New Member DFW Texas Area New RHO Owner 0-60 times Production to Shipping Lead Time Positive Vibes...My Truck Arrived! Aussie Ram HO engine but not a HO we missout
New Member DFW Texas Area New RHO Owner 0-60 times Production to Shipping Lead Time

Trending content

Back
Top