For those who have ceramic-coated their RHO...

I also got in a deep deep rabbit hole of detailing once I got the truck. I personally ceramic coated the RHO around 2 weeks ago (despite the controversy with him I used Clean by Pan 8 year) This was post wash and I used the Clean by Pan ceramic spray as a topper. The slickeness and gloss look amazing and hydrophobics are pretty ridiculous, make washing super easy. Would highly recommend. I really like and learned alot from Josh V as well and wanna try some of his Quivr stuff. Thats forged blue metallic and not black BTW! ;)
 

Attachments

  • 20251001_153838.webp
    20251001_153838.webp
    149.3 KB · Views: 47
I also got in a deep deep rabbit hole of detailing once I got the truck. I personally ceramic coated the RHO around 2 weeks ago (despite the controversy with him I used Clean by Pan 8 year) This was post wash and I used the Clean by Pan ceramic spray as a topper. The slickeness and gloss look amazing and hydrophobics are pretty ridiculous, make washing super easy. Would highly recommend. I really like and learned alot from Josh V as well and wanna try some of his Quivr stuff. Thats forged blue metallic and not black BTW! ;)
That looks beautiful! I like the white but even with ceramic coating and good spray I just can’t get that kind of reflection.
 
That looks beautiful! I like the white but even with ceramic coating and good spray I just can’t get that kind of reflection.
Yeah white has pros and cons. It never looks "great" but it also never looks "bad"
 
That looks beautiful! I like the white but even with ceramic coating and good spray I just can’t get that kind of reflection.
I still have a little less than half a bottle of ceramic coating left. Im gonna ceramic coat my wife's WHITE grand cherokee. I will post pictures to see what I can get it to look like once done!
 
Yeah white has pros and cons. It never looks "great" but it also never looks "bad"
This is my first black rig in a decade, I forgot how much of a pain in the ass it is to keep clean. I usually go for white or lighter colors to hide dirt and scratches. If I had to choose again now, I'd go with a lighter color again. That being said, this truck looks hella mean in black, and that bass boat sparkle is amazing! 🤌🏻
 
This is my first black rig in a decade, I forgot how much of a pain in the ass it is to keep clean. I usually go for white or lighter colors to hide dirt and scratches. If I had to choose again now, I'd go with a lighter color again. That being said, this truck looks hella mean in black, and that bass boat sparkle is amazing! 🤌🏻
Ironically, I'm kind of wishing I went with another color besides white because I've been taking such good care of this one and hand washing only.

Keeping a black vehicle clean is basically a full time job, but it's also one of the most striking colors when it is clean. Every time I see a super clean black vehicle, regardless of what it is, I double take.
 
One thing that I can highly recommend to anyone that loves keeping their truck clean is a deionizer tank. I have the dual tank setup from On The Go and just use it for the final rinse. You don’t have to worry about drying the truck and it dries 100% spot free.
 
Never personally been sold on ceramic coatings. For the cost, I can apply a coat of P&S beadmaker approximately 42,000 times.
I'm with you, no way is it worth the cost\return from what I've seen !!
 
I'm kind of obsessed with vehicle detailing...

I found a PHENOMINAL product for boosting/maintaining the ceramic coating on your RHO. (It can be used on non-ceramic-coated vehicles, too)

QUIVR Hot Coat Ceramic Detailer

View attachment 19225

The Creator of this product is a Southern California vehicle detailer (YouTube Channel: IMJOHV).

He's one of the most straightforward and believable vehicle detailers I've watched on YouTube. He doesn't hype products, he just explains them.

I've followed his videos since before getting my truck, and made my pressure washer selection based on Josh's video.

A local mobile detailer I was talking to had a bottle of Hot Coat and used it on my tailgate.
The slickness post-application felt as good, if not better, than right after getting my truck ceramic coated.

I bought a bottle and a gallon ($49.99) that night.

I used it on my whole truck on Monday.
As a Southern California mobile detailer, Josh's products are suitable for use in direct sunlight. (Not on hot metal, though.)

The shine is fantastic, and the paint feels silky smooth.
The dust from multiple trips this week to the dirt parking lot for my daughter's soccer pra

I’ve always been a DIY detailer but with my current white RHO I went with ceramic. Now that I am swapping that one for a Forged Blue, I am debating if I am going to ceramic that one or just go back to old school waxing. Since this doesn’t see the inside of a car wash tunnel, I am thinking that keeping a good coating should be good enough. I do want to try this spray, always looking for something that I can use for a quick clean up. After the ceramic was done I started using Carpro Elixer and have been pretty happy with the results.
I will give it shot. I just had mine coated and bought what the folks that coated it used in their shop. I have only very very lightly used a California Duster and do not want to wipe it until after I wash and dry it. So much has changed since I focused on detailing. I was using Turtle wax products on my Raptor, their ceramic paste wax stuff, no claying or decontamination. But I went all out on this vehicle.
 
BWoody Ram RHO Forged Blue Metallic Photo Thread What did you do to your RHO Today? RAM RHO Rumble Graphics What did you do to your RHO Today? NEW PRODUCT: Fire Extinguisher Mounts!
BWoody Ram RHO Forged Blue Metallic Photo Thread What did you do to your RHO Today? RAM RHO Rumble Graphics

Trending content

Back
Top