OEM Exhaust flaps

Dcchris311

Well-known member
Founding Member ⚙️
RHO of the Month 🏆
Joined
Apr 28, 2024
Messages
710
Media
105
Reaction score
1,537
Location
Texas
Current Ride
2025 RHO
Current Ride #2
BMW X5 45e
Military
USN
In case anyone was curious, here's a photo of the oem exhaust flaps. Also, the muffler looks like a straight through design.
 

Attachments

  • 20250207_235340.webp
    20250207_235340.webp
    142 KB · Views: 791
  • 20250207_235309.webp
    20250207_235309.webp
    236.9 KB · Views: 230
In case anyone was curious, here's a photo of the oem exhaust flaps. Also, the muffler looks like a straight through design.
I was very curious about this, thanks for sharing. I was planning on retaining the flaps but swapping the muffler for straight through resonators, but if you're saying the muffler is already a straight through design that changes things...
 
Does anyone know the point of the flaps? I have a metallic sound coming from my exhause and i think i have pin pointed it to these being somewhat loose and rattling
 
Does anyone know the point of the flaps? I have a metallic sound coming from my exhause and i think i have pin pointed it to these being somewhat loose and rattling
I started hearing the same thing. Let me know what you find
 
My truck has not been delivered yet but I wonder if it would be possible to position the flap or flaps permanently open.
 
I was very curious about this, thanks for sharing. I was planning on retaining the flaps but swapping the muffler for straight through resonators, but if you're saying the muffler is already a straight through design that changes things...

I'm doing something similar to my truck. I'd still remove the muffler and flaps.
 
This is what I ended up going with. And any muffler replacement kit that some companies are saying are a direct bolt on aren't saying the complete truth. You'll need a Sawzall/pipe cutter or shop to install it. 1 of the exhaust pipes is a 1 piece, so it goes from the exhaust tip down to the mid section of the exhaust system where it bolts up to the mid pipes.
 

Attachments

  • 20250207_232503.webp
    20250207_232503.webp
    238.4 KB · Views: 302
This is what I ended up going with. And any muffler replacement kit that some companies are saying are a direct bolt on aren't saying the complete truth. You'll need a Sawzall/pipe cutter or shop to install it. 1 of the exhaust pipes is a 1 piece, so it goes from the exhaust tip down to the mid section of the exhaust system where it bolts up to the mid pipes.
Hell ya! Do you have a link to that? How does it sound??
 
This is what I ended up going with. And any muffler replacement kit that some companies are saying are a direct bolt on aren't saying the complete truth. You'll need a Sawzall/pipe cutter or shop to install it. 1 of the exhaust pipes is a 1 piece, so it goes from the exhaust tip down to the mid section of the exhaust system where it bolts up to the mid pipes.
Nice work! Interesting you put a second x into the system. Whats the purpose of two?

Chris
 
Last edited:
I've finally finished the exhaust! I'll make a video either today or tomorrow. I promised my wife I'd take her to the movies if she left me alone to work on it.
 
That's a H-pipe that's up stream.
Oh right. I swear I saw a x-pipe somewhere but it must have been an after market exhaust I was looking at. 🤦‍♂️

Chris
 
Not sure what the outside looks like but if it is anything like the GMC flapper you can use two hose clamps and a piece of metal to pin it open. My AT4 rattled at startup and opening it gave more sounds so was a win win
 
Anyone thinking of trading RHO for TRX 2026 Weather Tech Front & Rear Now Available (2025) RHO Orders @ Mark Dodge! $9K-$11K Dealer Discount (Before incentives) We got movement - 19 Nov Order AI Generated RHO Pics - POST 'EM UP!!! In production - build
Anyone thinking of trading RHO for TRX 2026 Weather Tech Front & Rear Now Available (2025) RHO Orders @ Mark Dodge! $9K-$11K Dealer Discount (Before incentives) We got movement - 19 Nov Order

Latest Discussions...

Trending content

Back
Top