- Joined
- Jul 13, 2024
- Messages
- 8
- Media
- 6
- Reaction score
- 23
- Current Ride
- Range Rover 2016
- Current Ride #2
- Audi S5 Sportback 2019
After 11k miles and 1.5 years with my truck I am loving it. I am finally prepping for going off the grid for a few days and as I was preparing, I needed a little extra space to throw the tire plug kit in as my under seat storage is now full. After using AI, I figured out that you can actually fold down the rear seats and get to a little storage back there. Not sure if this is well known here or not, but i searched it up and couldn’t find it. Once I found the little cables, I didn’t want to have to go through that again, so temporarily attached some rope so I can easily pull and get access. I will have to replace with something cleaner after my trip. Hope this helps others that are looking for a little bit more storage in the cab.
Finding the release straps the first time:
Fold the rear center armrest/console down. From that opening, wedge your hand between the rear seatback and the rear cab wall and reach sideways behind the seat toward each outer corner. You’re feeling for a small black nylon pull loop attached to the seatback latch. They’re almost impossible to see until the seat is released, so this is mostly done by feel the first time.
Once you find the loop, pull it while pulling the top of that seatback forward and the seatback will release and fold down. The driver-side loop was much easier to find on mine; the passenger side was tucked farther away and took a little more fishing around.
After you get them open the first time, tie a small cord or black nylon strap to each factory loop and leave the extension accessible. Then you’ll never have to reach blindly behind the seat again. The white rope in my photos is just my temporary setup
Finding the release straps the first time:
Fold the rear center armrest/console down. From that opening, wedge your hand between the rear seatback and the rear cab wall and reach sideways behind the seat toward each outer corner. You’re feeling for a small black nylon pull loop attached to the seatback latch. They’re almost impossible to see until the seat is released, so this is mostly done by feel the first time.
Once you find the loop, pull it while pulling the top of that seatback forward and the seatback will release and fold down. The driver-side loop was much easier to find on mine; the passenger side was tucked farther away and took a little more fishing around.
After you get them open the first time, tie a small cord or black nylon strap to each factory loop and leave the extension accessible. Then you’ll never have to reach blindly behind the seat again. The white rope in my photos is just my temporary setup