Recall on trailer tow module

I never got a letter in the mail, but its on my Ram app. Shows 1 recall, "trailer turn signal." I sold my boat last year and dont tow so im not in a super rush to get this done. I've had my truck a year and havent had any issues.
 
The service department at my dealership told me that they would not be able to get recall parts for the forceable future & that it might take them up to a year to replace it in my truck.
 
I had my rear 7/4 pin connector replaced a few weeks ago because my 4 pin did not work for trailer lights. 7 pin worked. Shows I have the recall so I’m guessing them replacing the connector didn’t fix it. Glad to see this.
 
I had my rear 7/4 pin connector replaced a few weeks ago because my 4 pin did not work for trailer lights. 7 pin worked. Shows I have the recall so I’m guessing them replacing the connector didn’t fix it. Glad to see this.
You may have had it replaced before the recall notice so it just automatically popped up for your VIN. You are probably good.
 
My dealerhip contacted me that I am in the system and parts are on back order. They will contact me when the parts are available. There was no eta
 
You may have had it replaced before the recall notice so it just automatically popped up for your VIN. You are probably good.
I spoke to dealership yesterday and they already had it on order for me. I think it’s a module or something rather than the physical connector.
 
recall dissapeared from RAM app but still shows on website when I put in my VIN.. trying to schedule with dealer
 
Also, as a general heads up, parts are available for this recall, but in limited quantities. What that means is verify with your dealership beforehand to ensure they have what is needed. Per usual, our team is here as well!

Hannah
Ram Cares
 
Also, as a general heads up, parts are available for this recall, but in limited quantities. What that means is verify with your dealership beforehand to ensure they have what is needed. Per usual, our team is here as well!

Hannah
Ram Cares

Hi Hannah. This contradicts what my local dealership told me Friday 3-6-26. My truck is on “the list” and parts have been on order for 5 weeks. My service advisor told me there is still no ETA in their system.
 
Hi Hannah. This contradicts what my local dealership told me Friday 3-6-26. My truck is on “the list” and parts have been on order for 5 weeks. My service advisor told me there is still no ETA in their system.
I see. In that case, please send a private message our way so we can learn a bit more and help best we can!

Hannah
Ram Cares
 
The recall states that the turn signals or break lights do not illuminate when a trailer is connected. Something to be on the lookout for for you trailer guys.
Yep got to wait in line for parts.
 
Same here.
Waiting for parts, no eta given.
 
I am on the waiting list, told August as of 2 weeks ago.
 
We appreciate everyone's collective patience on this! If anyone wants to discuss their experience further, we're here to listen.

Hannah
Ram Cares
 
Just got the txt from the dealership. The parts are in, so hopefully get this done next week.
 
Went in last Friday for the trailer module recall, they had to inspect it first before ordering the part apparently, was put in the list for parts. Service tech told me the dealers can only order one part at a time…
 
The recall for this on my truck showed up Feb 9th. I now have a date of May 5th for the replacement. So I have had to wait 3 months. This might give you an idea on the wait. My dealer said the same, can only get 1 per week.
 
CAI or no CAI??? New owner SE PA Exhaust With High Flow PSP Downpipes What did you do to your RHO Today? Dash Cams RHO Wheel spacers
CAI or no CAI??? New owner SE PA Exhaust With High Flow PSP Downpipes What did you do to your RHO Today?

Latest Discussions...

Trending content

Back
Top