Rumble bee pricing...

People who are comparing HO Hurricane to 6.4L by using 0-60 & MPG arguements are missing the point.

The general public & many enthusiasts hear the RHO & go “not for me”. The feel from behind the wheel is not “American built pickup”. Heck, it’s not even doing well in the Charger.

People buy these things with their hearts. The only reason RHO sells is the wide-body & cool interior compared to its competition. If it didn’t look badass, it would be a hard pass for 99% of buyers.

The 6.4L sounds & feels like USA-built power! Add the badass look & nice interior & you have sales. Just look at the Durango…selling like hotcakes thanks to Hemi power.

Think about this…if the 6.4L became an L1 RHO option with a list price of $89,995 before MD discount, would you pass on the HO Hurricane? If they built it in Mexico, I’d get on the MD list right now.
 
Last edited:
People who are comparing HO Hurricane to 6.4L by using 0-60 & MPG arguements are missing the point.

The general public & many enthusiasts hear the RHO & go “not for me”. The feel from behind the wheel is not “American built pickup”. Heck, it’s not even doing well in the Charger.

People buy these things with their hearts. The only reason RHO sells is the wide-body & cool interior compared to its competition. If it didn’t look badass, it would be a hard pass for 99% of buyers.

The 6.4L sounds & feels like USA-built power! Add the badass look & nice interior & you have sales. Just look at the Durango…selling like hotcakes thanks to Hemi power.

Think about this…if the 6.4L became an L1 RHO option with a list price of $89,995 before MD discount, would you pass on the HO Hurricane? If they built it in Mexico, I’d get on the MD list right now.
It's a shame as the Hurricane is objectively a better motor.
 
Doesnt that 6.4L engine drink gas? You getting single digit gas mileage on that thing, or no?
Depends how you drive it. I am over 15 with a mix of city and HWY driving so not bad.

The biggest issue with it is when you race off from a light, it's pretty obnoxious LOL. Nothing stealth about it. If you drive it normal even with the performance exhaust on, it is pretty nice sounding and smooth.

Honestly, I am older, so I prefer the smoothness and quiet power of the RHO for everyday driving. The sweetest though was the Tungsten I drove that I was going to buy before seeing the RHO. Now that thing is smooooooth! The looks of the RHO just won me over though.
 
THIS. Kinda begs the question....why didn't they offer a Rumblebee with the HO Hurricane powerplant? Are they just abandoning it now? Too much chatter from Hemi fanboys? The Hurricane is a solid option and would be perfect for a streetable version of this truck. Bet it would crush the 392 at the strip!
The answer is obvious. Hurricane aint rumbling!!! "Rumble"bee
 
Think about this…if the 6.4L became an L1 RHO option with a list price of $89,995 before MD discount, would you pass on the HO Hurricane? If they built it in Mexico, I’d get on the MD list right now.
Honestly....no. Yeah it's got that big V8 power and sound but compared to the Hurricane HO it's all bark no bite.

Maybe my fascination with the Nissan Skyline RB26DETT and imports overall plays a part in that, too, but after my "big" 6.2L V8 grenaded itself and I discovered the RHO, I was in it to win it! I always liked the look of the TRX and of course who wouldn't balk at 707hp...but is it really useable power? Not for my purposes. Hell, 540hp really isn't necessary for a daily driver but it definitely makes it a LOT more fun! I realize I'm probably an extreme outlier but I appreciate the sound of the 3.0LTT a LOT more than I do that V8 grumble. And it has the performance to back it up. So...again....I'm probably a bit on the crazy side but the 6.4L just doesn't really appeal to me. And it CERTAINLY doesn't in a Wrangler. They're built for low and slow.

The answer is obvious. Hurricane ain't rumbling!!! "Rumble"bee
If I'm being really honest....I probably wouldn't buy that truck BECAUSE of the name. It sounds a bit hokey to me.
 
I don't really know what to do. I traded the 21 TRX for the 26 RHO with an idea of maybe doing 27 or 28 Rumblebee or TRX, but not sure with the pricing. If the Rumblebee is loaded out for 94k that's not awful. I just don't know though, but not really missing the TRX with the way the RHO is running now.

I do miss that hellcat rumble. The AFE exhaust was just insane. Remote starts sounded like a crash of thunder.
 
And I say that because speculation was the Rumblebee SRT might have been 84, or 89k with the TRX at 99.
 
People who are comparing HO Hurricane to 6.4L by using 0-60 & MPG arguements are missing the point.

The general public & many enthusiasts hear the RHO & go “not for me”. The feel from behind the wheel is not “American built pickup”. Heck, it’s not even doing well in the Charger.

People buy these things with their hearts. The only reason RHO sells is the wide-body & cool interior compared to its competition. If it didn’t look badass, it would be a hard pass for 99% of buyers.

The 6.4L sounds & feels like USA-built power! Add the badass look & nice interior & you have sales. Just look at the Durango…selling like hotcakes thanks to Hemi power.

Think about this…if the 6.4L became an L1 RHO option with a list price of $89,995 before MD discount, would you pass on the HO Hurricane? If they built it in Mexico, I’d get on the MD list right now.
You have a good point. It’s a bit like Ricky Bobby versus Jean Giraud (NASCAR vs. F1). Both have their charms and pros/cons. I love them both. For my purposes the Hurricane HO is perfect. Just fix those electronic gremlins!
 
People who are comparing HO Hurricane to 6.4L by using 0-60 & MPG arguements are missing the point.

The general public & many enthusiasts hear the RHO & go “not for me”. The feel from behind the wheel is not “American built pickup”. Heck, it’s not even doing well in the Charger.

People buy these things with their hearts. The only reason RHO sells is the wide-body & cool interior compared to its competition. If it didn’t look badass, it would be a hard pass for 99% of buyers.

The 6.4L sounds & feels like USA-built power! Add the badass look & nice interior & you have sales. Just look at the Durango…selling like hotcakes thanks to Hemi power.

Think about this…if the 6.4L became an L1 RHO option with a list price of $89,995 before MD discount, would you pass on the HO Hurricane? If they built it in Mexico, I’d get on the MD list right now.
“USA-built power” is made in Mexico.
Tim Kuniskis shared an interesting insight:

Kuniskis believes the data will settle the debate.

“So 2026 is going to be really telling of what is the real mix between T6s and HEMIs. Because I’m adamant that T6 is a great engine,“ Kuniskis explained. “When you drive them back to back, the take rate of the HEMI is going to be maybe 35-ish percent.”
 
Previous Raptor owner waiting for my RHO RHO - different grill from TRX What color brake calipers on canyon lake My RHO was delivered! Tonneau Cover Options Closed on a 2026 RHO today
Previous Raptor owner waiting for my RHO RHO - different grill from TRX What color brake calipers on canyon lake My RHO was delivered!

Trending content

Back
Top