Stranded after 2 days, Im officially a RHO owner

Chubb McBoyle

New member
Joined
Sep 26, 2026
Messages
25
Media
13
Reaction score
21
Current Ride
2026 Ram RHO L1, SR, Serrano
Current Ride #2
Tesla Model Y performance, 6.2 Denali Ult Corsa AFE CAI
Got some antibiotics for the cramps and possible pneumonia and felt like shit and get in the truck and the shifter column is flashing. Chat GTP said lock it and try again in 5 minutes.
Vehicle sat on dealer secondary lot for 6 to 7 months with 48 miles on it. DIC said shifter system blah blah. Electronic unit, so I assume its the battery. Im going to get it replaced and regardless, im pulling the OEM POS battery and doing the highest CCA battery Interstate has. My question is if I have Interstate change the battery out, could I be looking at warranty issues if electronics start fritzimg out? I may have Dodge install the battery that I pay for if install is free. I store my key away from the vehicle and plan on a bag to block.signal as these vehicles are ridiculous overly complicated. Im also pulling my battery jumper out of my 6.2 Denali and putting it where it belongs, in the over burdened RHO. It did restart after 5 minutes, but this is BS
Any pointers on jumping or not jumping?
Thanks,
Greg
 

Attachments

  • 20261002_103557.webp
    20261002_103557.webp
    257.6 KB · Views: 17
  • 20261002_093925.webp
    20261002_093925.webp
    317.3 KB · Views: 10
craps not cramps
 
Turning off the the welcome lights and getting a bag to block signal of fob, ridiculous,,
 
get an H8 AGM battery. H8 is a little bigger but will fit. if you have the interstate place do it, they place something that lets the truck believe there is still a battery hook up.
it will not affect the warranty.

if you change it yourself everything will come back on in about 24 hours.
 
Jump as normal only on the main battery. They’ll replace your batteries under warranty.
 
I replaced the battery on my '25 and she was in the dealer Alot....No warranty concerns
 
My keys hang on a rack less than 8ft from the truck. May look into a new microwave key rack
 
My keys hang on a rack less than 8ft from the truck. May look into a new microwave key rack
Fereday
My keys hang on a rack less than 8ft from the truck. May look into a new microwave key rack
Fearady bag i believe its called. Blocks electronic signals
 
I keep my key on a shelf in my kitchen maybe like 25 feet away from the truck and no issues.
 
2026 RAM RHO Order/Schedule/Build Thread What did you do to your RHO Today? What did you do to your RHO Today? Eibach 1.6” level spring Trading in my Braptor *** Post New RHO Photos Here ***
2026 RAM RHO Order/Schedule/Build Thread What did you do to your RHO Today? What did you do to your RHO Today? Eibach 1.6” level spring
Back
Top