Aux Switch Accessories

IMG_7467.webp
 
Sick Diesel has some cool stuff too. I will probably add the top grill light that connects the two sides. Will have to see though after I get the truck and see

And use my Magic Box 2.0 so we can watch TV on road trips on that center screen. Don't need a switch for this, but wouldn't mind mounting it down low somewhere and try to hide it (tuck and hide USB-C line).
That magic box 2.0 actually work? I thought that was some IG advertising BS lol
 
Took me a bit to dig out that wireharness from under the fuse box - lots of tape and low gauge (stiff) wire. But worked like a champ with with the M&R reverse kit. Install easy, mounting is perfect - tucks the lights up close to the bumper. Aux Switch 1 - bright white LED - Aux Switch 2 - amber LED.
1747914284452.webp

1747914308156.webp

1747914327538.webp
 
Took me a bit to dig out that wireharness from under the fuse box - lots of tape and low gauge (stiff) wire. But worked like a champ with with the M&R reverse kit. Install easy, mounting is perfect - tucks the lights up close to the bumper. Aux Switch 1 - bright white LED - Aux Switch 2 - amber LED.
View attachment 12574
View attachment 12575
View attachment 12576
I thought it was illegal to have rear-facing amber lights. As I recall, amber lights can only face forward or to the side, and any rear-facing lights had to be red (except for emergency vehicles).
 
I thought it was illegal to have rear-facing amber lights. As I recall, amber lights can only face forward or to the side, and any rear-facing lights had to be red (except for emergency vehicles).
well interesting - learn something new every day .... ill be honest never checked laws etc .... the lights came "set up" for white/amber or white/red (you select the alternate LED color at order).
One wire lead when hot/on lights up the white (which I wired to Aux1) and the other lead when hot/on lights up the amber (which went to aux 2). I only use them at night when loading the bed, camping etc. The amber is kinda nice at a camp sight when you want to illuminate the ground but not blind other folks. Never when driving (except the occasional backup).
The amber lead doesnt need to be powered ... so guess I would just disconnect if I ever got "caught".
 
well interesting - learn something new every day .... ill be honest never checked laws etc .... the lights came "set up" for white/amber or white/red (you select the alternate LED color at order).
One wire lead when hot/on lights up the white (which I wired to Aux1) and the other lead when hot/on lights up the amber (which went to aux 2). I only use them at night when loading the bed, camping etc. The amber is kinda nice at a camp sight when you want to illuminate the ground but not blind other folks. Never when driving (except the occasional backup).
The amber lead doesnt need to be powered ... so guess I would just disconnect if I ever got "caught".
They might be illegal to have turned on when you’re running down the highway, but no cop is going to care otherwise.
 
I pre-ordered the M&R 23" pro light bar so that's 2 of my aux switches when it gets here. I'm looking for the best ditch lights now. I want a set with the amber drl feature.
 
I pre-ordered the M&R 23" pro light bar so that's 2 of my aux switches when it gets here. I'm looking for the best ditch lights now. I want a set with the amber drl feature.
I run the Strands Siberia Qube, very nice stuff.
20250510_194324.webp

If you wanna pick some up, here is a link & discount code! 😎
Use this link to shop - https://strandsamerica.com/?ref=swift1
Use MIKEYSWIFT to save 15%
 
I pre-ordered the M&R 23" pro light bar so that's 2 of my aux switches when it gets here. I'm looking for the best ditch lights now. I want a set with the amber drl feature.
M&R has those too. They're pretty nice.
 
Did you use their harness or in the cab switches?
I used their harness to make a custom one big enough for the engine bay. Ran everything up to the corner by the fuse box, under there are the wires for the Aux switches. They are already fused and relayed. Connected the hot wires to the pink Aux wires, and grounded everything to one of the 4 posts up the side of the engine bay.
In the Uconnect settings for those switches, you can choose to have them switched with ignition or latched, and/or set to remember last state.
 
I used their harness to make a custom one big enough for the engine bay. Ran everything up to the corner by the fuse box, under there are the wires for the Aux switches. They are already fused and relayed. Connected the hot wires to the pink Aux wires, and grounded everything to one of the 4 posts up the side of the engine bay.
In the Uconnect settings for those switches, you can choose to have them switched with ignition or latched, and/or set to remember last state.
Thanks boss! That's how I wired my front light, but you need two switches to run the amber running light or the main light. Unless, like you said, you have them switch on with the ignition.
 
Thanks boss! That's how I wired my front light, but you need two switches to run the amber running light or the main light. Unless, like you said, you have them switch on with the ignition.
I have all Amber position lights set to Switch 1, light bar to Switch 2, and ditch lights to Switch 3.

Switches 1 & 4 are 50 amp, 2 & 3 are 20 amp.
 
Last edited:
I have all Amber position lights set to Switch 1, light bar to Switch 2, and ditch lights to Switch 3.

Switches 1 & 4 are 50 amp, 2 & 3 are 20 amp.
did you run multiple amber backlit lights to aux 1 or just have one? Im debating getting amber backlit bar and might get 2x lp6 with amber as well so was seeing if both could be ran to one aux. hit aux one for all amber backlit lights.....
 
did you run multiple amber backlit lights to aux 1 or just have one? Im debating getting amber backlit bar and might get 2x lp6 with amber as well so was seeing if both could be ran to one aux. hit aux one for all amber backlit lights.....
Yes I ran all the amber lights to one switch.
 
Jeep Owner just ordered RHO from Jim Glover yesterday! Joining the team What did you do to your RHO Today? First 3 days with my Forged Blue RHO.  Limited to RHO. Overland- Let's see those racks, toppers, and RTTs What did you do to your RHO Today? Molten Red- not RHO
Jeep Owner just ordered RHO from Jim Glover yesterday! Joining the team What did you do to your RHO Today? First 3 days with my Forged Blue RHO.  Limited to RHO. Overland- Let's see those racks, toppers, and RTTs

Trending content

Back
Top