Did You Hear That? ๐Ÿ‘€ RHO Exhaust Options are HERE!!

Heads up! All orders placed over the weekend have been processed and will ship TODAY!
 
Has anyone found a comparison of stock vs. the trail rated mid pipe anywhere?
I'm wanting to hear the same. Not sure if the Trail Rated is just slightly more improvement over stock to where it's worth it.

I'm pretty sure the Xtreme might be a bit much after a while for me. But if the Trail Rated adds a bit more volume, and gives a deeper tone, then that would work.
 
I'm wanting to hear the same. Not sure if the Trail Rated is just slightly more improvement over stock to where it's worth it.

I'm pretty sure the Xtreme might be a bit much after a while for me. But if the Trail Rated adds a bit more volume, and gives a deeper tone, then that would work.

We are currently looking for a local RHO that we can get clean stock clips with. If anyone local to the Metro Detroit area is interested we will provide a discount for helping us out!
 
Letโ€™s see if this works. This is my comparison of the stock exhaust vs. the MRT Trail Rated Mid Pipe. Recorded outside on the same day in the same spot with the same cell phone on a tripod.

Stock:


MRT Trail Rated Mid Pipe Kit:
 
Last edited:
Weather conditions were a bit different between the two recordings. Stock was recorded in the morning while it was crisp and clear out. The MRT was recorded late in the afternoon after the swap and it was a bit hazy, overcast and humid out. I โ€œfeelโ€ like the weather may have muted the sound of the MRT exhaust relatively speaking but I canโ€™t be certain. The MRT sounds better to me in person than in this clip.

Would I like the tone deeper and throatier? Absolutely but thatโ€™s very different than louder which is really all I hear in most of the other systems.

For me, the Trail Rated is a huge improvement over the raspy sounding and gear shift farting stock system. But weโ€™re not all searching for the same sound.

Hope this helps.
 
Was surprised at how much the MRT cut down the shift fart. Also has a cleaner sound in general. Stock really does sound kinda cheap and raspy
 
  • Like
Reactions: rpr
Itโ€™s the only system Iโ€™ve heard that essentially eliminates the gear shift fart. Not sure why.

MRT told me that the mufflers in the Trail Rated kit are pretty conventional muscle car mufflers, no resonators.
 
Hereโ€™s a cold start comparison.

Stock Exhaust - Cold Start


MRT Trail Rated Cold Start


Itโ€™s improved, deeper tone, but the high rpm cold startups are still terrible. Donโ€™t think I can fault MRT for that, none of the systems sound good to my ears on cold starts.

Has anyone found a good explanation for the ridiculously high rpm startups and whether we can hope for a software update that might make cold starts less embarrassing?
 
Last edited:
We are currently looking for a local RHO that we can get clean stock clips with. If anyone local to the Metro Detroit area is interested we will provide a discount for helping us out!
Besides the stock vs extreme mid pipe sound clips, are there undercarriage pics of the exhaust section(s) before and after?
 
Whatโ€™s a reasonable labor cost to expect from a shop for installing an MRT mid-pipe?
 
Besides the stock vs extreme mid pipe sound clips, are there undercarriage pics of the exhaust section(s) before and after?

Here are some photos for now. When the next RHO stops in we will grab some other angles form under the truck.

rho stock under 2.webp

stock rho underbody.webp


Extreme Mid Pipe
92T810-3.webp
 
Whatโ€™s a reasonable labor cost to expect from a shop for installing an MRT mid-pipe?

If you were to have it installed at our shop, we would quote 90 minutes. For a shop that hasn't installed one before, 2 hours is reasonable. Just make sure they follow the instructions closely, especially regarding the driver-side over-axle cut point.
 
Whatโ€™s a reasonable labor cost to expect from a shop for installing an MRT mid-pipe?
Took me 2-3 hours laying on my back in the driveway. Not too bad but I wouldnโ€™t recommend it. With a lift , shouldnโ€™t take more than 1-2 hours
 
Besides the stock vs extreme mid pipe sound clips, are there undercarriage pics of the exhaust section(s) before and after?
Hereโ€™s a few I grabbed:

Stock
IMG_0701.webp


MRT Trail Rated
IMG_0702.webp
IMG_0703.webp


The mufflers do sit closer to the driveshaft than I would like, but even MRTโ€™s pics on their website seem to show the same close clearance. Havenโ€™t had any issues yet.
 
Hereโ€™s a few I grabbed:

Stock
View attachment 24966

MRT Trail Rated
View attachment 24967View attachment 24968

The mufflers do sit closer to the driveshaft than I would like, but even MRTโ€™s pics on their website seem to show the same close clearance. Havenโ€™t had any issues yet.
Thank you! I do not yet have my RHO and your stock pic shows exactly what I was trying to figure out which is where those crap spring loaded actuator exhaust flaps are located and if the MRT extreme mid-pipe removes them, which it does ๐Ÿค ๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿ™Œ
 
MX4, disappointed Thoughts and questions on RHO Performance *** Post New RHO Photos Here *** New owner Post your favorite picture of your RHO First Impressions, Photos, Questions
MX4, disappointed Thoughts and questions on RHO Performance *** Post New RHO Photos Here *** New owner

Latest Discussions...

Trending content

Back
Top