Extended Warranty - Best Option?

Fyi I just purchased a Mopar extended warranty through Zeigler. Best to call them as the website can be confusing. ~$3,800 for a bumper to bumper for 10 yrs / 125k miles for a 2026. The 2026s get special pricing because of the 10yr / 100k powertrain warranty but unfortunately being in Florida they can't give any discounts....otherwise I would have saved ~$1,000! Bummer
You bought a 2026 with 10 yr/ 100k warranty from the factory then bought 10 yr/125k extended warranty?
 
You bought a 2026 with 10 yr/ 100k warranty from the factory then bought 10 yr/125k extended warranty?
Not to speak for them, but 10yr/100K covers just powertrain. 10yr/125k covers everything.
Curious what the deductible is for $3800?
 
My 2c, learnt the hard way

My 7yr old 80k mile Mercedes got totaled because the AAA guy crossed the wires when jump starting and fried all the electronics.

The powertrain is the least of our worries - all the high tech electronics are where the cost / risks lie.

I now buy extended manufacturers warranties for all our cars. Mopar & BMW currently. There is a process for refunding unused portions of these warranties which makes it even more worthwhile IMO.

Shop around. I ended up going back to the dealers I got the cars from and they matched - I’d rather they had the business if they wanted it than some no name. Glover in the case of the ram - who are to be recommended!
 
My concern isn't so much the warranty itself, but it's if I want to wait 5 months for parts 8 years down the road. The trucks are literally current model years and they still can't get parts for them in a reasonable amount of time.
 
Not to speak for them, but 10yr/100K covers just powertrain. 10yr/125k covers everything.
Curious what the deductible is for $3800?
$200
You bought a 2026 with 10 yr/ 100k warranty from the factory then bought 10 yr/125k extended warranty?
Yup. Factory warranty for a 2026 is 3yr / 36k bumper to bumper, 10yr / 100k for powertrain. The powertrain warranty is great but won't cover electronics, shocks, alternators, exhaust, computers, etc. With this I have everything covered for 125k miles or 10 years....it added 25k miles to the powertrain warranty and 7 yrs / 89k miles to the bumper to bumper warranty. It also includes rental car reimbursement which I learned from my 2011 Grand Cherokee lemon that you don't get a rental car with just the factory warranty. Also this warranty is transferable 1 time.

I had a great experience with the Mopar extended warranty for my 2014 RAM 1500. It definitely paid for itself over the course of 8 yrs / 100k miles. I went through a wheel bearing, power steering rack, 2 exhaust manifolds, misc. moldings, shocks / struts, tie rods, upper control arms, water pump. That truck was a tradesman and didn't have any of the fancy stuff like the RHO does! Unfortunately between 100k and 144k miles things started acting up with the transmission (the 8HP75 transmission fluid needs to be changed by 60k miles...its not lifetime!) . I'm still kicking myself for not buying the lifetime warranty they offered at the time. It only cost $500 more and I'd probably still be driving that truck!
 
Last edited:
Hi all

Wrapping up my purchase at Mark Dodge (August order)
I understand they don't off the Mopar care anymore , and that seems to be the more popular option out there
They offered me 5 yrs 75k for $2k through their "LDS (Louisiana Dealer Services) Versant"
Just curious anyone has used the LDS warranty package before?
It's hard to find much about them online - wanted to see if anyone got it and if they have any first hand opinions on it

Thanks much appreciated
As a car dealer myself, if the warranty is exclusionary, they are pretty comprehensive and worthwhile regardless of the underwriter. Even the Mopar warranty is reinsured by a third party. $100 or $200 deductible max. IMO. The Stated component warranties are the ones most people have trouble with.
 
I work in funding for one of the major auto finance companies and the majority of our deals are Mopar, so I see about 40 deals per day. Most Louisiana dealers use LDS as their provider, and I don’t see much difference from them or a Mopar warranty; they’re basically all the same. LDS do tend to be more expensive, so don’t be afraid to haggle on the price. I’m interested to see what kind of numbers Mark throws at me when I pick up my truck in a couple of weeks. Finance managers make a ton off these things, especially if you don’t know what you’re doing.
 
I work in funding for one of the major auto finance companies and the majority of our deals are Mopar, so I see about 40 deals per day. Most Louisiana dealers use LDS as their provider, and I don’t see much difference from them or a Mopar warranty; they’re basically all the same. LDS do tend to be more expensive, so don’t be afraid to haggle on the price. I’m interested to see what kind of numbers Mark throws at me when I pick up my truck in a couple of weeks. Finance managers make a ton off these things, especially if you don’t know what you’re doing.
I bought straight though mopar warranty after I picked up my truck and got 10yr/125k for $3745 with $200 deductible. They were offering $ 300 off (not sure if that is still going on) plus if you are military or emergency personnel you get discount as well. This deal is good until I believe end of the year.
They don't pull your credit and offer up to 30 months to pay.
 
My dealer did offer a not bad deal but knew about this 10yr/125k mopar was offering. They did offer my 8yr/85k for $3800. But I didn't fiance my truck and again planned on the mopar warranty.
 
Where are you all seeing the 10yr/100kl or 125k factory warranties? All I seem to find are 8yr max.
 
You have to call and request, I believe it is going on until end of the year.
Where are you all seeing the 10yr/100kl or 125k factory warranties? All I seem to find are 8yr max.
 
Thanks.. Is there a difference between FlexCare and Maximum Care? I am wondering if they are the same, but the names have changed. Ziegler calls it Maximum Care, and buywarranty.com calls it FlexCare
 
Last edited:
Thanks.. Is there a difference between FlexCare and Maximum Care? I am wondering if they are the same, but the names have changed. Ziegler calls it Maximum Care, and buywarranty.com calls it FlexCare.

FlexCare​

I'm not sure, I don't believe the name changed. This is the website I went to, called the number and it about ten minutes. Very easy process.
 
I'm not sure, I don't believe the name changed. This is the website I went to, called the number and it about ten minutes. Very easy process.
If you don't mind me asking, what was the rate for 10/100K, and at what deductible? I realize it'll vary due to state, but wanted a general idea. Thanks!
 
I can get 10yr/100k Extended Care Premium with $200 deductible for $2,360 through Zeigler. Considering pulling the trigger.

This is essentially a 10 year 100k bumper to bumper warranty, right?

I've never kept a vehicle longer than 3 years in my entire life, but I'm seriously debating keeping this one til the wheels fall off.

I figure over the next 10 years, without the warranty, I'd spend approximately $78,000 in electrical repairs if I don't have this. Might be worth it.
 
Last edited:
I can get 10yr/100k Extended Care Premium with $200 deductible for $2,360 through Zeigler. Considering pulling the trigger.

This is essentially a 10 year 100k bumper to bumper warranty, right?

I've never kept a vehicle longer than 3 years in my entire life, but I'm seriously debating keeping this one til the wheels fall off.

I figure over the next 10 years, without the warranty, I'd spend approximately $78,000 in electrical repairs if I don't have this. Might be worth it.
Nice! I tried their matrix and got a much higher price than that. But I'm in a different state also. Granger had a better price for my specs.
 
I can get 10yr/100k Extended Care Premium with $200 deductible for $2,360 through Zeigler. Considering pulling the trigger.

This is essentially a 10 year 100k bumper to bumper warranty, right?

I've never kept a vehicle longer than 3 years in my entire life, but I'm seriously debating keeping this one til the wheels fall off.

I figure over the next 10 years, without the warranty, I'd spend approximately $78,000 in electrical repairs if I don't have this. Might be worth it.
Yes, this warranty covers everything. Besides the normal wear and tear things like brake pads.
 
If you don't mind me asking, what was the rate for 10/100K, and at what deductible? I realize it'll vary due to state, but wanted a general idea. Thanks!
I think my total was $3845 for 30 months with $200 deductible. I live in Wisconsin so I'm sure it is different where you live, but worth the piece of mind especially if you plan to keep it as I plan to. This is a 10yr/125k warranty.
 
I think my total was $3845 for 30 months with $200 deductible. I live in Wisconsin so I'm sure it is different where you live, but worth the piece of mind especially if you plan to keep it as I plan to. This is a 10yr/125k warranty.

Sounds like I'm able to get a pretty good deal here in NJ @ $2,360 (the 125k is $2,900). I wonder what makes them vary so much state to state.
 
September RHO Orders – Any updates? Mopar Insiders 9/11 Article: RHO at Detroit 4fest Go rhino running boards droop 2026 RAM RHO Order/Schedule/Build Thread 2026 RAM RHO Order/Schedule/Build Thread RAM RHO Owners – Get Up to $200 Off BAKFlip & Revolver Tonneau Covers! Tax Refund Rebate Ends 3/25/25!
September RHO Orders – Any updates? Mopar Insiders 9/11 Article: RHO at Detroit 4fest Go rhino running boards droop 2026 RAM RHO Order/Schedule/Build Thread

Latest Discussions...

Trending content

Back
Top