- Joined
- May 30, 2026
- Messages
- 32
- Media
- 17
- Reaction score
- 63
- Current Ride
- 2026 RHO
- Current Ride #2
- Fjz80 Land Cruiser
- First Responder
- RN
It’s metallic silver on all makes and models, it’s not a Ram thing. These vehicles are painted by machines, not humans at the factory, not that that matters really. Be careful what you wish for looking at paint defects as most dealerships are just going to have their independent painter that visits the lot once a week redo it and most of the time that’s going to be done on the lot and not in a paint booth at a body shop. Sometimes we just have to accept that not everything in life is perfect no matter how much you paid for it.This has been WELL documented on the silver painted trucks in the same locations. They discontinued billet silver because it was so shitty. The zenith has smaller, lighter flake and is not as bad, but still there unfortunately.
I had a 2025 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro in Black. The paint quality was just horrible and the dealer had to repaint the hood and do a paint correction on the entire truck. They spent close to $2,500 getting it fixed and it still wasn't great when it was done. I think some of it is the manufacturers fault and the rest if the chemicals and paint make up they are allowed to use. It isn't as hard and durable as the paint in years ago...Yeah, I think every manufacturer right now is shit. Even Toyota. I had a 2025 Chevrolet ZR2 6.2 that blew up at 720 miles. Thought I would never get out of that eventually, a threatened lawsuit, forced a buy back
This is true as everyone has moved over to water based base coat for environmental reasons.I had a 2025 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro in Black. The paint quality was just horrible and the dealer had to repaint the hood and do a paint correction on the entire truck. They spent close to $2,500 getting it fixed and it still wasn't great when it was done. I think some of it is the manufacturers fault and the rest if the chemicals and paint make up they are allowed to use. It isn't as hard and durable as the paint in years ago...
My wife has a 2024 black Toyota RAV4 Limited. We had a door ding repaired professionally, and when they tried to buff the spot, the paint was so thin it went right through to the white. They said they had never seen such a thin layer of paint. It’s almost like they know you’re gonna need a vehicle. All these manufacturers do, and they don’t really give a shit about the quality because they know you gotta have it. It’s just gonna take a lot of class action lawsuits and awards to wake these people up and stop selling us shit!I had a 2025 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro in Black. The paint quality was just horrible and the dealer had to repaint the hood and do a paint correction on the entire truck. They spent close to $2,500 getting it fixed and it still wasn't great when it was done. I think some of it is the manufacturers fault and the rest if the chemicals and paint make up they are allowed to use. It isn't as hard and durable as the paint in years ago...