RHO Check Engine Light

Did they ever fix this issue? I keep getting p2188 code “System too rich at idle” it will go away on its own after a few days then come back. Dealership couldn’t find anything wrong with it when I brought it in. Seems to run fine though.
I had that a few times. Dealer replaced the evaporator purge valve and that seemed to fix it.
 

I had that a few times. Dealer replaced the evaporator purge valve and that seemed to fix it.
I’d be willing to bet it has something to do with that. Occasionally, on start up once the RPMs drop it rough idles (RPMs just go up and down between 800-1500) until I drive it down the road. It almost stalled out when I shifted into reverse and the RPMs were dropping.
 
I’d be willing to bet it has something to do with that. Occasionally, on start up once the RPMs drop it rough idles (RPMs just go up and down between 800-1500) until I drive it down the road. It almost stalled out when I shifted into reverse and the RPMs were dropping.
That doesn’t sound right…not on a modern DI engine. Wonder what sensor is beginning to gunk-up? How many miles?
 
That doesn’t sound right…not on a modern DI engine. Wonder what sensor is beginning to gunk-up? How many miles?
6,250. Haven’t worried too much about it but I’m going to take it in this week. It has had zero module updates from the dealership since brand new (except a few OTA updates via uconnect). Seems to make full power and we just got back from a 2000mi road trip that it did fine on.
 
I’d be willing to bet it has something to do with that. Occasionally, on start up once the RPMs drop it rough idles (RPMs just go up and down between 800-1500) until I drive it down the road. It almost stalled out when I shifted into reverse and the RPMs were dropping.
Mine didn’t run any differently
 
Mine didn’t run any differently
I have had the CEL P2188 on for a bit now. Most of the time the CEL is on solid. Then it seems like the truck is bogging down, then within seconds the CEL starts to flash, console makes a noise, I drive for a second or 2, console chimes again, then the light goes back to solid.

I am taking it in tomorrow. Let’s see what they find.
 
I have had the CEL P2188 on for a bit now. Most of the time the CEL is on solid. Then it seems like the truck is bogging down, then within seconds the CEL starts to flash, console makes a noise, I drive for a second or 2, console chimes again, then the light goes back to solid.

I am taking it in tomorrow. Let’s see what they find.
Evap purge valve seemed to fix mine. Good luck!
 
Update on my truck, They state my Evap Purge Valve isn't an issue (right now). So they will be changing certain gaskets, ignition module and the catalytic converter. Will see if I get the truck back tomorrow or next week.
 
Update on my truck, They state my Evap Purge Valve isn't an issue (right now). So they will be changing certain gaskets, ignition module and the catalytic converter. Will see if I get the truck back tomorrow or next week.
Dang. Just shotgun everything at it.
 
I just want my truck. I traded my jeep gladiator for the RHO and they give me a Jeep Wrangler as a rental. Not sure if that’s a sign….
Any update on this, after wrapping the wires under the truck it popped a 2188 cel.

Chris
 
I’ve had the code for running too rich at idle more times than I can remember. I’d guesstimate 8 different occurrences at this point at least. Dealerships haven’t been too helpful diagnosing this and the only thing that’s helped is buying gas from one particular gas station local to me. It’s awfully convenient…... When I use a different location just down the road of the same brand I will get a code.
 
Have a check engine light at 7k miles🙂‍↕️.
Dealer said no pressure to pcv valve.
Haven't actually identified the source of the problem yet 🤔
 
I’ve had the code for running too rich at idle more times than I can remember. I’d guesstimate 8 different occurrences at this point at least. Dealerships haven’t been too helpful diagnosing this and the only thing that’s helped is buying gas from one particular gas station local to me. It’s awfully convenient…... When I use a different location just down the road of the same brand I will get a code.
I’ve had the same code. 2-3 times. Dealer said nothing is wrong with it. I swapped both my batteries out myself with Duralast platinums even though I never had a dead battery and I haven’t had any check engine lights since I did that. Could be a coincidence, but after everything I’ve read about shitty batteries and voltage fluctuations causing all kinds of faults/CELs I bit the bullet. I didn’t want shitty batteries replaced with more shitty batteries.
 
Forged Blue Metallic Photoshoot! Garage or Carport, NEED some TRX owners advice New RHO Mark dodge anxious waiters 😳😳 Who still does NOT have a scheduled date?
Forged Blue Metallic Photoshoot! Garage or Carport, NEED some TRX owners advice New RHO Mark dodge anxious waiters

Latest Discussions...

Trending content

Back
Top