RHO range and MPG

LA to North County San Diego today. 100 miles. No real traffic. This weekend, LA to Ventura and 17.2. I’m not mashing it and staying at 70 or so
IMG_5118.webp
 
On road trips through the desert I average about 13.5 mpg driving 75-80 mph. This gives me about 445 miles on a tank. I notice mileage drops significantly above 70. I'm sure I can get way better mileage keeping it at 65.
 
I swapped tires and went with 35” KO3’s I think I’ve gained about a 2 mpg avg.
 
I swapped tires and went with 35” KO3’s I think I’ve gained about a 2 mpg avg.
2 inch larger tire will throw off your odometer etc. so your calculations will be off, unless you go by GPS mileage. Although, unless my math is not mathing tonight, I think the odometer discrepancy for larger tires actually makes it calculate as worse MPG instead of better. But I could be mathing that backwards, its been a long day.
 
Are they lighter?

Chris
I think they’re pretty close in weight. The KO3 was 69 pounds. I didn’t weigh the OEM. I also swapped the 2” Foutz collar with 1.6” Eibach springs.

Maybe it’s a fluke, but I’m on the 2nd tank and I swear it’s slightly better. Maybe my old tires were just flat. 😂
 
2 inch larger tire will throw off your odometer etc. so your calculations will be off, unless you go by GPS mileage. Although, unless my math is not mathing tonight, I think the odometer discrepancy for larger tires actually makes it calculate as worse MPG instead of better. But I could be mathing that backwards, its been a long day.
2” bigger? OEM tires are “35’s” are they not? Or very very close, as it’s a 325/65? The BFG is a tad taller and a tad skinnier.
 
I’ve done the math every time for my own peace of mind. Even with 37s, the trip is dang near close every time.
 
2” bigger? OEM tires are “35’s” are they not? Or very very close, as it’s a 325/65? The BFG is a tad taller and a tad skinnier.
Sorry, you are correct I completely misread. Its been a long day...

I have read too many posts about people upsizing tires and that is where my brain went.
 
Sorry, you are correct I completely misread. Its been a long day...

I have read too many posts about people upsizing tires and that is where my brain went.
I can’t read either. It’s all good.
 
as far as gas mileage goes my 3.6 liter 2024 rubicon lifted and on 37 mickey thompson regeared to 488 At with lights winch full skid plates and I get 11.5 Truthfully i do have a pretty foot So in socal you have to drive 75 to go with flow.
 
Now that we have people picking up their RHOs and driving them in the wild. I want to pose this questions for people that have got their RHOs. What is your in town mpg? What is your highway mpg? What is your computer calculated range? For us TRX owner that are still on the fence it would be nice to know the real world range and mpg that owners are actually seeing with their trucks. We all know how the epa’s mpg never matches what the truck actually gets. I also aware that these trucks haven’t been broken in yet. But first impressions would be appreciated for those are about to get an RHO or still deciding to order.
About 13-14 mixed driving whats up with low fuel light coming on at quarter tank tho very early warning
 
New RHO - NC 2026 RAM RHO Order/Schedule/Build Thread AI Generated RHO Pics - POST 'EM UP!!! SOUTHWEST ROADTRIP If your vehicle hits production YOLO: 4Runner to RHO
New RHO - NC 2026 RAM RHO Order/Schedule/Build Thread AI Generated RHO Pics - POST 'EM UP!!! SOUTHWEST ROADTRIP
Back
Top