RHO range and MPG

I finally checked. Unless I’m trying to drive like an old lady in a 4Runner… I get sub 11 mpg. I’m also mostly all local driving.
 
I finally checked. Unless I’m trying to drive like an old lady in a 4Runner… I get sub 11 mpg. I’m also mostly all local driving.
This is the way to be. Anyone getting over 11mpg should have their RHO seized and replaced with a Pentastar v6.
 
1000030654.webp
 
750 mile trip the past 3 days driving 75 or higher most of the time I averaged 14 MPG. That's about what I would average driving my 6.4 hemi on long highway trips. The difference though is I have to use 91 octane in the Hurricane. Gotta pay for performance.
 
750 mile trip the past 3 days driving 75 or higher most of the time I averaged 14 MPG. That's about what I would average driving my 6.4 hemi on long highway trips. The difference though is I have to use 91 octane in the Hurricane. Gotta pay for performance.
Don't forget 4wd auto, not 2 wheel drive.
 
I think anyone that lists MPG should make sure its HAND CALCULATED.
The computer can be 1-5 MPG off. I see people across all boards brag about MPGs but when you do the math, they are no where near their claims.
Hand calculated, I am at 13.3 (computer was 14.2) so far. Less than 1000 miles.
 
Last edited:
Mine was never based on the cluster's calculations. Instead, I filled up to full, zeroed the trip, and drove all hwy to about a 1/4 tank. Then jump off hwy straight to gas station and gassed up to full again. Then divided the miles traveled by the number of gallons it took to fully refuel.
 
Mine was never based on the cluster's calculations. Instead, I filled up to full, zeroed the trip, and drove all hwy to about a 1/4 tank. Then jump off hwy straight to gas station and gassed up to full again. Then divided the miles traveled by the number of gallons it took to fully refuel.
Perfect!
I do it all in Fuelly for my trucks. My wife's 4runner computer is spot on all the time. Within a tenth.
 
This is the way to be. Anyone getting over 11mpg should have their RHO seized and replaced with a Pentastar v6.
I'm telling my Wife...Her Cherokee has the Pentastar V6 and she thinks its bad ass :)
 
Now that we have people picking up their RHOs and driving them in the wild. I want to pose this questions for people that have got their RHOs. What is your in town mpg? What is your highway mpg? What is your computer calculated range? For us TRX owner that are still on the fence it would be nice to know the real world range and mpg that owners are actually seeing with their trucks. We all know how the epa’s mpg never matches what the truck actually gets. I also aware that these trucks haven’t been broken in yet. But first impressions would be appreciated for those are about to get an RHO or still deciding to order.
I’ve had mine for a while and have 8k on it. I have driven it from Ohio down to Oklahoma and the best mpg I’ve calculated is 13.6 mpg. It seems to be that no matter what I do. I figured it would be better after break in. I’ve driven it to see what the best mpg I could get but still 13.6 mpg.
 
I'm 3 - 4 weeks into this RHO and mostly commute 50 miles RT - I've averaged around 16mpg, I'm not hammering all the time although I want to. Trying to break it in easy, not sure it matters. That said, I've been using the manual vs. automatic shifter and noticed the RHO really likes to keep the RPM's higher in "D" than when manually shifting. It's usually a gear or two lower than what I set it in, not sure if this will do any harm, can't imagine it would. It drops about 500 rpm's when cruising around traffic and makes a bit of difference on MPG's. I'll continue to monitor and see if I can keep it above 16mpgs for my commute. It's so hard not to hammer the throttle, hell it's why we bought these beasts.
 
Best I can get is 13.0 no matter how hard I try. Only 2400 miles so hopefully it'll get better...
 
New RHO - NC 2026 RAM RHO Order/Schedule/Build Thread AI Generated RHO Pics - POST 'EM UP!!! SOUTHWEST ROADTRIP If your vehicle hits production YOLO: 4Runner to RHO
New RHO - NC 2026 RAM RHO Order/Schedule/Build Thread AI Generated RHO Pics - POST 'EM UP!!! SOUTHWEST ROADTRIP
Back
Top