RHO range and MPG

Seems you can get 15+ on average if you keep the RPMs at 2000. Under than and you'll get 17+ all day. I have yet to see a full tank over 14 because I keep my foot in it most of the time usually doing 80mph or better. The one road trip I've done was Denton to League City (south of Houston) and I only got about 14mpg.
 
I average 13-13.5 mpg around town. On the highway, OH to TN, I average 14-15 mpg. On those longer trips; I am over 550 plus miles per tank. Oddly, the range on the cluster maxes out at 465 miles despite having over 100 miles more of range. The cluster will remain at 465 miles for an extended period of time (over 100 plus miles) before it starts decreasing the range normally. Anyone else have this quirk?
 
Averaged 16.6 hwy on recent 419-mile trip. However, on the return trip, average was 12.54 hwy because of sport mode, higher speeds, and spirited boost checks. Truck is a little bouncy in stock mode but is better in sport. Overall, love this truck!
 
Averaged 16.6 hwy on recent 419-mile trip. However, on the return trip, average was 12.54 hwy because of sport mode, higher speeds, and spirited boost checks. Truck is a little bouncy in stock mode but is better in sport. Overall, love this truck!
Were you driving 55 mph? 🤣

Chris
 
Last edited:
IDK what's going on but the latest tank i am down to 8.9 mpg. I have been warming it up and driving hard but sheesh.....no different than how i usually drive and get 10-11.
 
IDK what's going on but the latest tank i am down to 8.9 mpg. I have been warming it up and driving hard but sheesh.....no different than how i usually drive and get 10-11.
Montana...Maybe your Air Filter is wet/damp and freezing up restricting air flow...Just a guess if R/H is above 60% and outside temp is below 20F you could be getting hoar frost forming on the filter element.
 
Last edited:
IDK what's going on but the latest tank i am down to 8.9 mpg. I have been warming it up and driving hard but sheesh.....no different than how i usually drive and get 10-11.
Winter gas or some shit...🤷🏻‍♂️
I didn't know gas also got depressed during winter.
 
Montana...Maybe your Air Filter is wet/damp and freezing up restricting air flow...Just a guess if R/H is above 60% and outside temp is below 20F you could be getting hoar frost forming on the filter element.
Montana is pretty damn dry humidity wise and its been really warm here (30s-50s) but i will absolutely check on this!
 
My first tank netted me just under 11 MPG - almost exclusively city driving and I drove like a grandpa the majority of the time. Lower than I expected and curious if that is common to not get good gas mileage while it is breaking in. Thoughts?
 
My first tank netted me just under 11 MPG - almost exclusively city driving and I drove like a grandpa the majority of the time. Lower than I expected and curious if that is common to not get good gas mileage while it is breaking in. Thoughts?
My experience was similar but it picked up in the first thousand miles and I'm at 4,400 miles now and averaging 14-15 around town and freeway driving. I have had both a '25 and '26 RHO and it was the same with both. If you get frisky with it, it will drop.
 
Seems you can get 15+ on average if you keep the RPMs at 2000. Under than and you'll get 17+ all day. I have yet to see a full tank over 14 because I keep my foot in it most of the time usually doing 80mph or better. The one road trip I've done was Denton to League City (south of Houston) and I only got about 14mpg.
yea 14.5 is my average unless I granny it.
 
My first tank netted me just under 11 MPG - almost exclusively city driving and I drove like a grandpa the majority of the time. Lower than I expected and curious if that is common to not get good gas mileage while it is breaking in. Thoughts?
I’m seeing same numbers on my first tank. But it’s been -35 here and lots of warming up. Plus the old winter gas.
 
2026 RAM RHO Order/Schedule/Build Thread Google finally rolls out a fix that will hopefully fix Android Auto full screen for RAM? Picking up from Mark Dodge Thoughts on RHO's Front End? (2025) RHO Orders @ Mark Dodge! $9K-$11K Dealer Discount (Before incentives) AMP Research, Go Rhino, Access, BAK, Truxedo, Retrax & More ON SALE!
2026 RAM RHO Order/Schedule/Build Thread Google finally rolls out a fix that will hopefully fix Android Auto full screen for RAM? Picking up from Mark Dodge Thoughts on RHO's Front End?
Back
Top