RHO range and MPG

My MPGs are in my signature but it goes down with each fuel upโ€ฆcanโ€™t imagine why braaaaaaaaaaap! โœŠโœŠโœŠ

Found out today thereโ€™s a limit to how fast you can go with hands free driving. ๐Ÿซ 
 
Was wondering during first 1k miles if I would ever achieve 15 so I upped the psi. Whether it made a difference- IDK. Having 93 in the tank seems to help. First tank ( dealer freebie) was 50% donkey piss I suspect as truck was hesitant to ever use 7th and 8th.
I see. Youโ€™d better keep a close eye on the center of your tread. I imagine whatever small increase in fuel mileage you get from running higher psi will cost you more in premature tire wear. Just my .02 based on personal experience. YMMV ๐Ÿ˜
 
Struggling to get over 12MPG! But I don't spend much time on the freeway. When I brought mine home from AZ, doing 80+ on the 2 lane roads, it wasn't much different. Noticed its better on larger freeways with more cars (punching through the air with me).
I struggled to get above the 12s as well till i got my first oil change and things went up about 3mpg
 
I think we could get 15 or soโ€ฆunfortunately most of the driving is around town, towing our boat and then itโ€™s hard to drive like youโ€™re a semi with an 80k lb load leaving a stoplight/sign ๐Ÿ˜‚

Chris
 
No BS mpg from our trip from western Kentucky to Florida. 15.9 average until we got off the interstate in southern Alabama. Cruise set at 77. 90% of the driving was actually done at 77, with a few slow downs for construction zones/city limits. This is a no BS MPG. 4 people in the truck and a truck bed full of luggage (enough to make it squat a little).
IMG_4663.webp
 
No BS mpg from our trip from western Kentucky to Florida. 15.9 average until we got off the interstate in southern Alabama. Cruise set at 77. 90% of the driving was actually done at 77, with a few slow downs for construction zones/city limits. This is a no BS MPG. 4 people in the truck and a truck bed full of luggage (enough to make it squat a little).
View attachment 16355
This is the kindve trip mileage loaded down I see as well. 75-80mph... Then throw some city in there, sport mode, and driving like a child at some stop lights and back to the 14's maybe low 15's...
 
I see. Youโ€™d better keep a close eye on the center of your tread. I imagine whatever small increase in fuel mileage you get from running higher psi will cost you more in premature tire wear. Just my .02 based on personal experience. YMMV ๐Ÿ˜
Yep. Been watching it. Carcass on these tires seems pretty robust, even for a D load tire. Still pretty square across tread even at 50 psi. My brother had a Raptor and the same could not be said for the OE BFGs which seem to have a very rounded contact patch even at factory psi.
 
This is the kindve trip mileage loaded down I see as well. 75-80mph... Then throw some city in there, sport mode, and driving like a child at some stop lights and back to the 14's maybe low 15's...
Stop and go really kills the mpg lol. Starting and stopping a 6,000lb truck isnโ€™t efficient; but thatโ€™s not why we bought em haha.
 
Okay... 1st leg of my weekend trip to Western Michigan roughly 200 miles. Adaptive Cruise control set at 75mph whole trip. 95% highway. Sooooooooo boring... Best I could do was 18.3 mpg with 3 people in truck, full tank of fuel, few hundred pounds of luggage and running tires at 39 psi. Had semis passing me... Im not sure I could squeeze 20+mpg's out of it if I tried unless tail wind, coming down in elevation, and maybe 60-65mph speed.

This was a straight drive... No traffic slow downs, no idling, no stopping, nothing...If anything I was the slow down for traffic. Everyone kept waving at me with one finger... Love my mid-west people. So nice! Moral of the story for me is Im ok getting 15 mpg while enjoying the drive and having some fun now and then...
 
First fill up 15.99 mpg. Computer said 15.3. Way happy with that.
I don't have the RHO, but am a fan of them. I got the Tungsten was staying around 16 MPG then changed oil early about 1200 miles, and it went up 2 MPG instantly! At 9300 now and mostly drive all open 4 lanes with an average of 19.2 most of the time.
 
I don't have the RHO, but am a fan of them. I got the Tungsten was staying around 16 MPG then changed oil early about 1200 miles, and it went up 2 MPG instantly! At 9300 now and mostly drive all open 4 lanes with an average of 19.2 most of the time.
Good for you... I jump shit... Lmao... JK... I saw a couple mpg increase after oil change as well... Now with the cooler mornings Im seeing that the truck doesnt like that a whole lot. 75mph on cruise with flat road im showing 12ish mpg. Normally 15 or 16mpg. Anyone else notice that?
 
Good for you... I jump shit... Lmao... JK... I saw a couple mpg increase after oil change as well... Now with the cooler mornings Im seeing that the truck doesnt like that a whole lot. 75mph on cruise with flat road im showing 12ish mpg. Normally 15 or 16mpg. Anyone else notice that?
Hahaha!!! Da Jumper! Not notived but will pay closer attention. Thanks.
 
I don't have the RHO, but am a fan of them. I got the Tungsten was staying around 16 MPG then changed oil early about 1200 miles, and it went up 2 MPG instantly! At 9300 now and mostly drive all open 4 lanes with an average of 19.2 most of the time.
You must be running like 56 MPH ???
 
You must be running like 56 MPH ???
I have mostly all rural roads and divided hiways near me that the speed limits are 55 and 60. I usually run about 63 to 68 Mph. Stays at 18 to 19 Mpg Average all the time and now at 10200 miles.
 
No BS mpg from our trip from western Kentucky to Florida. 15.9 average until we got off the interstate in southern Alabama. Cruise set at 77. 90% of the driving was actually done at 77, with a few slow downs for construction zones/city limits. This is a no BS MPG. 4 people in the truck and a truck bed full of luggage (enough to make it squat a little).
View attachment 16355
I hope that I see similar numbers when I leave Cincinnati for Myrtle Beach this Thanks Giving. Will go via the West Virginia Turnpike
 
2026 RAM RHO Order/Schedule/Build Thread Google finally rolls out a fix that will hopefully fix Android Auto full screen for RAM? Picking up from Mark Dodge Thoughts on RHO's Front End? (2025) RHO Orders @ Mark Dodge! $9K-$11K Dealer Discount (Before incentives) AMP Research, Go Rhino, Access, BAK, Truxedo, Retrax & More ON SALE!
2026 RAM RHO Order/Schedule/Build Thread Google finally rolls out a fix that will hopefully fix Android Auto full screen for RAM? Picking up from Mark Dodge Thoughts on RHO's Front End?
Back
Top