Would you buy an RHO with a 426 Hemi instead of a High Output Hurricane?

485 HP, 475 torque with instant power from a stop. no roar, no pc, no cat6, just instant go. In my scatpack it was an incredible engine, can't speak to the RHO of course but the scatpack was a heavy car. I'd do it in a heartbeat.
are you sure you're not talking about the 392?
 
Giving up 55hp and 46tq doesn't appeal to me either. Plus, I feel the inline 6 is just smoother and more refined.
I could be wrong but I think you're actually giving up closer to 120hp. At least google tells me the 426 is a 425hp engine.
 
So from what I'm seeing the 426 is a 425hp engine with not much aftermarket support and it's hard to tune and mod in general.

Why tf would I want that over 540hp stock that only costs $600 to take to 600-700hp...
 
I could be wrong but I think you're actually giving up closer to 120hp. At least google tells me the 426 is a 425hp engine.
You'd be giving up 55 but I can't say what it would do in the RHO. The 392 in the scatpack was 485/475. My main issue with the hurricane is the turbo lag making it gutless until 2500 rpm. Horsepower only gives you top end and I have no need to go 150 mph and I don't drag the truck. Driveability and low end grunt are far more important to me in a daily than top end.

I also got about 17 mpg in the scatpack (although a lighter vehicle) and low 20's on the highway. Personally I don't see the reason for an I6 getting 14 mpg with gobs of turbo lag but to each their own. If you like it, hang on to it., we're all different.

The 426 was making 425hp in 1970, I'm quite sure it would be different now.
 
11K of Hurricane driving experience...I will stick the the Hurricane.
 
I'm happy for you guys. There's a lot of good folks working really hard to justify the hurricane and they really don't need to. If you like the engine, that's awesome. I think theoretically the hurricane is about 4 tenths quicker than a 392 and if such things are important to you then its the right choice.
 
I have a a scheduled date! Upsized from 18s to 20x10s et -18 Canyon Lake vs Serrano Green People who have Jb4 New to the RHO scene YOLO: 4Runner to RHO
I have a a scheduled date! Upsized from 18s to 20x10s et -18 Canyon Lake vs Serrano Green People who have Jb4

Trending content

Back
Top