Would you buy an RHO with a 426 Hemi instead of a High Output Hurricane?

Seems redundant as hell now, doesn’t it? Especially with the new Rumble Bee being the straight line king. 200mph top speed and all, too.

Gah I wish they made those in quad cab. I can’t cram the kids in the back on road trips with that dinky crew setup.

…you’re getting 400 miles of range on your RHO? Maybe I should get rid of my tuner it’s encouraging bad driving habits. 🤓
I’m getting 12.5-13.8 in city driving (I don’t baby it), 15-16 highway (80-95 mph). I live in Colorado so most highway driving involves ups and downs in mountain driving.

When I fill up, the range shows up between 410-440 miles, depending on my recent mileage. That 33 gallon fuel tank is awesome.

I found that the fuel economy gauge in the Vehicle Info digital gauge cluster is the one the computer uses to calculate mileage. Or at least seems like it.

For me, 400 miles is important for long road trips. I can make it from Denver to Albuquerque on one tank, but biologic reasons demand at least one stop and I’ll refuel for convenience.
 
I’m getting 12.5-13.8 in city driving (I don’t baby it), 15-16 highway (80-95 mph). I live in Colorado so most highway driving involves ups and downs in mountain driving.

When I fill up, the range shows up between 410-440 miles, depending on my recent mileage. That 33 gallon fuel tank is awesome.

I found that the fuel economy gauge in the Vehicle Info digital gauge cluster is the one the computer uses to calculate mileage. Or at least seems like it.

For me, 400 miles is important for long road trips. I can make it from Denver to Albuquerque on one tank, but biologic reasons demand at least one stop and I’ll refuel for convenience.
Yeah we definitely hit over 400 on our family road trip this year out to Colorado.

That mountain driving is great. Loved having an excuse to use the flappy paddles. Yall native drivers are something else though, even at the speed limit or 5 over I always felt like I was too dang slow for yall.
 
I’m getting 12.5-13.8 in city driving (I don’t baby it), 15-16 highway (80-95 mph). I live in Colorado so most highway driving involves ups and downs in mountain driving.

When I fill up, the range shows up between 410-440 miles, depending on my recent mileage. That 33 gallon fuel tank is awesome.

I found that the fuel economy gauge in the Vehicle Info digital gauge cluster is the one the computer uses to calculate mileage. Or at least seems like it.

For me, 400 miles is important for long road trips. I can make it from Denver to Albuquerque on one tank, but biologic reasons demand at least one stop and I’ll refuel for convenience.
I live in East Tennessee, so we’re not flat either and I’ve always thought the mountain gives back more than it takes away as far as fuel mileage. Yeah it takes a little more gas. You drop two or three maybe four more miles to the gallon climbing a hill than you would on flat Level accelerating or driving but on the way down it’ll give you back as much as 40 or 50 miles to the gallon.
 
Gah I wish they made those in quad cab. I can’t cram the kids in the back on road trips with that dinky crew setup.
You have these backwards. The Rumble Bee is only produced in QUAD cab configurations for now. The RHO is a CREW cab.
 
I’m getting 12.5-13.8 in city driving (I don’t baby it), 15-16 highway (80-95 mph). I live in Colorado so most highway driving involves ups and downs in mountain driving.

When I fill up, the range shows up between 410-440 miles, depending on my recent mileage. That 33 gallon fuel tank is awesome.

I found that the fuel economy gauge in the Vehicle Info digital gauge cluster is the one the computer uses to calculate mileage. Or at least seems like it.

For me, 400 miles is important for long road trips. I can make it from Denver to Albuquerque on one tank, but biologic reasons demand at least one stop and I’ll refuel for convenience.
Biologic reasons...
1790871356957.webp
 
Maybe I’m in the minority here, but I think an RHO with a 6.4 hemi from the rumble bee would be pretty badass and would be very popular. Of course, no e-torque. Yes, I know it’s less horsepower. I’ve owned hemi and now own Hurricane so you don’t need to sell me on it. Hurricane has been great.
But truth be told, I would buy the RHO with a 6.4 v8 (or whatever variant of) if given an option. I do actually miss the instantaneous torque and the V8 rumble.
 
Maybe I’m in the minority here, but I think an RHO with a 6.4 hemi from the rumble bee would be pretty badass and would be very popular. Of course, no e-torque. Yes, I know it’s less horsepower. I’ve owned hemi and now own Hurricane so you don’t need to sell me on it. Hurricane has been great.
But truth be told, I would buy the RHO with a 6.4 v8 (or whatever variant of) if given an option. I do actually miss the instantaneous torque and the V8 rumble.
I also like the 6.4 but i think in the RHO it would be a bit of a let down... the SO hurricane is faster and a big truck with big tires and heavy duty driveline will really make a NA motor feel dead. The HO hurricane is a beast compared to a 6.4... basically 70HP and 70TQ and its even worse for power under the curve.
 
I live in East Tennessee, so we’re not flat either and I’ve always thought the mountain gives back more than it takes away as far as fuel mileage. Yeah it takes a little more gas. You drop two or three maybe four more miles to the gallon climbing a hill than you would on flat Level accelerating or driving but on the way down it’ll give you back as much as 40 or 50 miles to the gallon.
Got back yesterday from a trip from Florida to Nashville and Gettysburg. Lots of hills, mostly cruising around 80.

Trip.webp
 
First dent. Buying a used RHO sight unseen - am i making a mistake ? Jumped ship… Anyone have any insight? Trailer Light Check New owner
First dent. Buying a used RHO sight unseen - am i making a mistake ? Jumped ship… Anyone have any insight?
Back
Top