Audio upgrade ideas?

I’m not a fan of the form factor and the SQ would not meet my needs but if you’re looking for simple and cheap it definitely looks like a decent option to consider. But that’s a lot of space and functionality to sacrifice. I’m barely ok with the lost underseat storage of the StealthBox despite the huuuge gains it provides.
You make a point. These trucks are already limited in space and under the sit makes up for it. Still digging but not sure if I want to drop $2K + for the stalth set up. Thanks for your input!
 
Went with the JL 10" stealth box, JL 1000 watt amp and Net Audio wiring harness that plugs into existing sub and the JL audio bass knob.

Install was super easy & hardest part was running power cable from battery to amp which took no time at all, the net audio wiring harness was awesome for the money & then not having to tap into wires, you simply reach hand under rear seat and unplug stock subwoofer and plug that into net audio harness. I have stock Alpine system.

I ended up going with the JL stealth box as it was completely custom fit, including rounded corners in the front of the box that allow you to still use the storage under the floor mats on each side.

Figured I would post an interim update. I got the JL StealthBox (dual 10” sealed subs) installed along with a JL 750.1 amp using NET Audio’s sub harness kit with a Link DQ w/ remote bass knob.

Overall it’s a huge improvement but you still have to lower the bass and mids to get a good EQ curve. I settled on Bass -5, Mids -5, and Treble +1. I’m a bit of an old audiophile and it’s still a far distance from great but I can enjoy it now.

A Net Audio rear driver side amp rack, 3-way Focal Utopia component speakers and Helix P6 DSP Ultimate are on the way for a 3-way active setup up front.

I also ordered Focal Universal Polyglass 6x9 coaxials and a Helix Match 2.1 amp for some rear fill. Couldn’t justify Utopias for rear fill.

Plus, a MESA sound deadening kit.

I should be able to handle the install myself but it would be nice to have a local pro handle. If anyone knows a good shop in north GA please let me know.

It’s been a long time since I broke out the test tones, sine sweeps and oscilloscope…
Very nice !

The Net Audio sub wire harness has power, ground, and remote wires that you run to your amp obviously. For the ground terminal on the amp, do you also run a truck ground wire into the same ground terminal that you ran the harness ground to?

And same for the power cable from the trucks battery, Do you just have it together in the amp's power terminal with the Net harness power wire ?
 
Very nice !

The Net Audio sub wire harness has power, ground, and remote wires that you run to your amp obviously. For the ground terminal on the amp, do you also run a truck ground wire into the same ground terminal that you ran the harness ground to?

And same for the power cable from the trucks battery, Do you just have it together in the amp's power terminal with the Net harness power wire ?
Yes, you have all this together on the amp for the net audio wiring harness.
 
Stealthbox is in! Really happy with the install and how it sounds. Perfect fit and not noticeable at all once the seats are down.

Definitely notice not having ANC. Curious to see how it is on a road trip. That said, I do enjoy hearing the turbo a lot more now! Now it’s a battle of turn the volume down to hear the turbo or back up for the bass!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_9702.webp
    IMG_9702.webp
    399.9 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_9703.webp
    IMG_9703.webp
    294.6 KB · Views: 92
Awesome. You mentioned you notice not having the ANC. Do you still have the stock exhaust?

I couldn’t tell much of a difference after I installed the ANC bypass with the MRT Trail Rated Exhaust on mine. If anything it may have slightly reduced cab drone but that’s a subjective thing.

The ANC is probably specifically tailored to the frequencies emitted from the stock exhaust and wil not work as well, if at all, on aftermarket exhausts like mine.

Regardless, glad you like the end result!
 
Awesome. You mentioned you notice not having the ANC. Do you still have the stock exhaust?

I couldn’t tell much of a difference after I installed the ANC bypass with the MRT Trail Rated Exhaust on mine. If anything it may have slightly reduced cab drone but that’s a subjective thing.

The ANC is probably specifically tailored to the frequencies emitted from the stock exhaust and wil not work as well, if at all, on aftermarket exhausts like mine.

Regardless, glad you like the end result!
Yes, I have stock exhaust. To be fair, I’ve only driven about 15 mins with the new subs/lack of ANC and had the radio up about 14 of those 15 mins. Between songs and when I turned the radio down I could hear the turbos spooling way more. Will be on the highway tomorrow to give it a better test.
 
Anyone have a pic of which harness to un plug to deactivate the ANC? Is it one of these?
 

Attachments

  • 20260301_102111.webp
    20260301_102111.webp
    181.2 KB · Views: 64
Rumble Wraps Decals What did you do to your RHO Today? 2026 RHO New Wheels & Tires What Vehicle Are You Leaving Behind for the RHO? Aux Battery Swap for H8 Main Battery What did you do to your RHO Today?
Rumble Wraps Decals What did you do to your RHO Today? 2026 RHO New Wheels & Tires What Vehicle Are You Leaving Behind for the RHO?
Back
Top