Audio upgrade ideas?

The Alpine system is upgradable too.
It’s the same as the HK you have to have the PAC Amp. I spoke with NET Audio about it. They focus on dodge jeep ram sound systems.
 
It’s the same as the HK you have to have the PAC Amp. I spoke with NET Audio about it. They focus on dodge jeep ram sound systems.
I was under the impression you could do simple speaker swap on it. Did they triple wire it like the HK??
 
I was under the impression you could do simple speaker swap on it. Did they triple wire it like the HK??
I don’t remember. It’s wired very weirdly I know that. The amp does a lot more than just provide power to the speakers so still requires pac amp and ANC bypass.
 
on some of the xm stations, chill and jazz the bass is thunderous? You guys listening to rap? in that case I could see jacking up the bass to rattle the windows.
Its not the XM, its the music played through the phone. Bluetooth audio is not as good as XM. At all.
 
Its not the XM, its the music played through the phone. Bluetooth audio is not as good as XM. At all.
Thats interesting. I agree Bluetooth compromises SQ but to my ears satellite radio sounds much worse, too much compression, it sounds like it’s coming through a tin can to me. I hate that because I like the variety and content but I can’t listen to it, even talk radio.
 
Thats interesting. I agree Bluetooth compromises SQ but to my ears satellite radio sounds much worse, too much compression, it sounds like it’s coming through a tin can to me. I hate that because I like the variety and content but I can’t listen to it, even talk radio.
I have my settings on bass +5, mid +2, treble +4. XM sounds great. Nice bass. I use Amazon music and when I use it through Bluetooth, I have to raise the bass to +6 or +7. Not as clear either
 
  • Like
Reactions: rpr
It does exist!
IMG_0604.webp
 
Now that the PAC Pro harness is in hand I’m about to drop some serious $ on aftermarket speakers, amps and a DSP. It’s been over 10 years since I’ve done this on my old truck so I would appreciate any tips or suggestions.

Speakers
I had a Focal Elite K2 165KRX3 component set in my old truck that I loved so I’ll probably stick to that or maybe try the Utopia’s if I can find them at a discount somewhere. Any thoughts on Focal KRX3 vs Utopia’s?

Amp/DSP
I had Alpine amps and a Bit One DSP in my old truck but I see that there are some highly regarded combination DSP amps out there now, with Helix seemingly at the top of the fan favorite list. I already have a JL 750.1 amp for my sub, so a 6 channel amp DSP would work if I go with a 2-way fronts and rears and an 8 channel amp DSP would be needed to cover 3-way fronts and rears. Helix has a new Amplify 206 6 channel amp/8 channel DSP which would be perfect if I just go with 2-way fronts but Helix’s website doesn’t make it easy to compare feature sets with the tried and true P6 Ultimate. Then there’s the Next V Eight which should work if I go with 3-way fronts like I had in my old truck. Any thoughts on these options and/or on 2-way fronts vs 3-way fronts?

Mounting
Any thoughts on Net Audio’s mounting platforms for behind the rear seat?
 
Now that the PAC Pro harness is in hand I’m about to drop some serious $ on aftermarket speakers, amps and a DSP. It’s been over 10 years since I’ve done this on my old truck so I would appreciate any tips or suggestions.

Speakers
I had a Focal Elite K2 165KRX3 component set in my old truck that I loved so I’ll probably stick to that or maybe try the Utopia’s if I can find them at a discount somewhere. Any thoughts on Focal KRX3 vs Utopia’s?

Amp/DSP
I had Alpine amps and a Bit One DSP in my old truck but I see that there are some highly regarded combination DSP amps out there now, with Helix seemingly at the top of the fan favorite list. I already have a JL 750.1 amp for my sub, so a 6 channel amp DSP would work if I go with a 2-way fronts and rears and an 8 channel amp DSP would be needed to cover 3-way fronts and rears. Helix has a new Amplify 206 6 channel amp/8 channel DSP which would be perfect if I just go with 2-way fronts but Helix’s website doesn’t make it easy to compare feature sets with the tried and true P6 Ultimate. Then there’s the Next V Eight which should work if I go with 3-way fronts like I had in my old truck. Any thoughts on these options and/or on 2-way fronts vs 3-way fronts?

Mounting
Any thoughts on Net Audio’s mounting platforms for behind the rear seat?
Did you check with net audio to make sure that pac audio actually did crack the system and release one for the alpine / HK 2025’s?
 
No but:

I heard about it being released from another forum member and he said he heard about it from NET Audio.

And PAC Audio’s website says it’s compatible with all 25-26 Ram Trucks with factory amplifiers regardless of screen size.

That was convincing enough for me so I pulled the trigger.

But for awareness the instructions do say it’s not compatible with some steering wheel audio controls so that’s disappointing.
 
No but:

I heard about it being released from another forum member and he said he heard about it from NET Audio.

And PAC Audio’s website says it’s compatible with all 25-26 Ram Trucks with factory amplifiers regardless of screen size.

That was convincing enough for me so I pulled the trigger.

But for awareness the instructions do say it’s not compatible with some steering wheel audio controls so that’s disappointing.
Look forward to seeing how this turns out. Keep us updated
 
Now that the PAC Pro harness is in hand I’m about to drop some serious $ on aftermarket speakers, amps and a DSP. It’s been over 10 years since I’ve done this on my old truck so I would appreciate any tips or suggestions.

Speakers
I had a Focal Elite K2 165KRX3 component set in my old truck that I loved so I’ll probably stick to that or maybe try the Utopia’s if I can find them at a discount somewhere. Any thoughts on Focal KRX3 vs Utopia’s?

Amp/DSP
I had Alpine amps and a Bit One DSP in my old truck but I see that there are some highly regarded combination DSP amps out there now, with Helix seemingly at the top of the fan favorite list. I already have a JL 750.1 amp for my sub, so a 6 channel amp DSP would work if I go with a 2-way fronts and rears and an 8 channel amp DSP would be needed to cover 3-way fronts and rears. Helix has a new Amplify 206 6 channel amp/8 channel DSP which would be perfect if I just go with 2-way fronts but Helix’s website doesn’t make it easy to compare feature sets with the tried and true P6 Ultimate. Then there’s the Next V Eight which should work if I go with 3-way fronts like I had in my old truck. Any thoughts on these options and/or on 2-way fronts vs 3-way fronts?

Mounting
Any thoughts on Net Audio’s mounting platforms for behind the rear seat?
I like Focal stuff personally...bright without being tinny.
 
  • Like
Reactions: rpr
Did you check with net audio to make sure that pac audio actually did crack the system and release one for the alpine / HK 2025’s?
I have had this module for over a year. PAC just released new firmware for the 25-26 Ram trucks.


  • AP4-CH42 Firmware Update, V5(Released on January 19, 2026)

    Adds compatibility for the following vehicles:
    • 2021+ Jeep Grand Cherokee
    • 2022+ Jeep Grand Wagoneer
    • 2022+ Jeep Wagoneer
    • 2025+ RAM Trucks
    • 2022-2024 RAM Trucks (Non-Amplified)
 
Yep, I thought it was a new module since it never showed up on searches on PAC Audio’s site for our trucks before but it’s just new firmware that makes an existing module newly compatible with our trucks.

It’s a win regardless…except for our wallets because it opens up a cornucopia of stereo upgrade indulgences.
 
Yep, I thought it was a new module since it never showed up on searches on PAC Audio’s site for our trucks before but it’s just new firmware that makes an existing module newly compatible with our trucks.

It’s a win regardless…except for our wallets because it opens up a cornucopia of stereo upgrade indulgences.
Definitely does. An opening of wallets I do not need lol. I wish net audio would make a behind the seat subwoofer kit for the 2025’s / RHO as I want to improve bass first and not lose any underseat space as I use all of it.
 
I could have sworn I saw another member say he used a Net Audio subwoofer kit behind his seat. Maybe that was over at DIY Mobile?
 
I could have sworn I saw another member say he used a Net Audio subwoofer kit behind his seat. Maybe that was over at DIY Mobile?
The one they have doesn’t fit 2025’s and the RHO has even more going on back there for the suspension control modules. I spoke with net audio a while ago and they said they were going to make one eventually when they got their hands on a truck but no timeline for it.
 
Yep, I thought it was a new module since it never showed up on searches on PAC Audio’s site for our trucks before but it’s just new firmware that makes an existing module newly compatible with our trucks.

It’s a win regardless…except for our wallets because it opens up a cornucopia of stereo upgrade indulgences.
Going to have to fire my build back up.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_8163.webp
    IMG_8163.webp
    127.4 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_7687.webp
    IMG_7687.webp
    208.8 KB · Views: 63
The one they have doesn’t fit 2025’s and the RHO has even more going on back there for the suspension control modules. I spoke with net audio a while ago and they said they were going to make one eventually when they got their hands on a truck but no timeline for it.
It’s available but not listed online. If you email them, they can send pictures/sale.
 
It’s available but not listed online. If you email them, they can send pictures/sale.
Ahh shit. Not sure I needed to hear this. Right in time for tax return
 
SOUTHWEST ROADTRIP Uodate on my RHO Delivery See yall on the next exciting forum. Selling the RHO Tonneau debate continues What did you do to your RHO Today? aFe Track Series Carbon Fiber Intake Back In Stock
SOUTHWEST ROADTRIP Uodate on my RHO Delivery See yall on the next exciting forum. Selling the RHO Tonneau debate continues

Trending content

Back
Top