Dash Cams

This is from my install of VIOFO A229 pro. Wires are just seen going up into the headliner. Video here (excuse my caption lol) kind of showing the routing to hardwire it. Screenshotted a pic to show fuses I tapped into. One was for passenger wireless charger (which I don’t even have) and the other was for passenger heated seat module. Works perfectly. Hope this helps those wanting to hardwire.
How difficult was it to run the back camera wire?
 
Nope...I've tried to learn electrical and it's just beyond me. I've taken classes and researched but it just baffles me :LOL: Also, it's one of those things I do very little of so as soon as I figure out what I need too I brain dump it by the time I need it again.
It’s the adhd 🤣
 
Anybody order the FITCAMX polarizing lens with it as well? If so, is it needed or should I just skip that?
 
I ordered the full kit front and rear camera. 4K with lenses front and rear. Sure wish it would get here. It’s been 12 days.
 
How difficult was it to run the back camera wire?
Running the back wire wasn’t very bad. Just have to pull down the weather stripping in each door and tuck it up above the ceiling liner. The front end wiring down to fuse panel was honestly more difficult.
 
Running the back wire wasn’t very bad. Just have to pull down the weather stripping in each door and tuck it up above the ceiling liner. The front end wiring down to fuse panel was honestly more difficult.
I noticed, as well, it's not hard to run the wires to the back; wiring it into the fuse box is a different story. Also , if you aren't careful removing that panel under the steering wheel , it could be problematic (I scared myself with one of the modules splitting in half), but my hands are too big to get in there. However, for 50 dollars, my shop will wire it up and also install the interior camera, hiding those wires as well.
 
I’m thinking of trying out this one when my truck comes, it’s “4k” internal storage and has no screens which is what I want considering once your settings are dialed in there’s no reason to be distracted by a screen. Also has a rear cam.

70mai 4K Dash Cam Front and Rear for Cars, STARVIS 2 IMX678 Super Night Vision & F1.7 Aperture, Dual HDR, Support 4G LTE & 5GHz Wi-Fi, Built-in 128GB eMMC, GPS, Voice Control, Parking Monitor (M800) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0FPCV42QS?tag=ramrho-20
 
I know we have a dash cam thread from prehistoric times here, (it's gotta be like two months old, or older! 🤣 ), but I'm too tired and lazy to find it.

Can someone link their choice(s) for a high-end multi-camera system?

I had a :poop: for brains in an F350 run a red light this morning and missed T-Boning me by sheer luck or divine intervention. Really glad this truck can get on it when necessary.
Red-Light-Runners in my area are like cockroaches in a dirty restaurant. They're everywhere.


I am not waiting for FitCamX to get with the RHO program.

Thanks.
My FitcamX fit seamlessly into my truck. Looks OEM. It works but I cannot access files unless my truck is on. Other than that, it looks good and seems to work fine. Not exactly sure what issue you've had with yours.. I even seem some guys able to download their app to the truck's home screen and access files directly in the truck (but a bit beyond my tech ability). Best of luck.
 
My FitcamX fit seamlessly into my truck. Looks OEM. It works but I cannot access files unless my truck is on. Other than that, it looks good and seems to work fine. Not exactly sure what issue you've had with yours.. I even seem some guys able to download their app to the truck's home screen and access files directly in the truck (but a bit beyond my tech ability). Best of luck.
I guess I lack tech abilities too. I installed the FitcamX and I do not like it. In order to view videos the truck has to be on and it kicks my android auto off. I then have to link my phone back to use android auto. If I want a video, I have to do it all over again. Maybe is an operator error but based on other's comments, it looks to be like that.
 
Has anyone run one of these dashcams all the way to the rear of a topper/tailgate area?
 
I guess I lack tech abilities too. I installed the FitcamX and I do not like it. In order to view videos the truck has to be on and it kicks my android auto off. I then have to link my phone back to use android auto. If I want a video, I have to do it all over again. Maybe is an operator error but based on other's comments, it looks to be like that.
Have you tried pulling the SD card and downloading? It’s quick and efficient. IMO.
 
Have you tried pulling the SD card and downloading? It’s quick and efficient. IMO.
I have not yet, but I will try it. I didn't know that was an option. Thank you.
 
Pics of install. FitcamX
New to FitcamX, so maybe a dumb question… how much does the footprint of the OEM housing change (if at all) after installing the FitcamX housing? The reason i ask is bc i had my windshield tinted with 45%, so if the housing footprint changes, that might be a dealbreaker for me bc then i would have exposed areas of the windshield that would be very obviously untinted.
 
I’m always kind of surprised to see how many people recommend the Fitcam. They never seem to show up on recommended lists that I look at. I guess because they’re non obtrusive?
Here’s a guy that tests a bunch of electronics on his site. https://www.vortexradar.com/best-dashcams/
 
FitcamX looks OEM. It seamlessly replaces factory housing and looks great. This was my main reason for purchasing it. And it works, however refer to my previous post regarding operations. I like the factory look; however, in hindsight I'd recommend a dashcam that captures front-rear and interior-side views. Added security and whatnot...
 
New to FitcamX, so maybe a dumb question… how much does the footprint of the OEM housing change (if at all) after installing the FitcamX housing? The reason i ask is bc i had my windshield tinted with 45%, so if the housing footprint changes, that might be a dealbreaker for me bc then i would have exposed areas of the windshield that would be very obviously untinted.
The housing foot print is larger.
 
The housing foot print is larger.
The footprint of the FitcamX housing is larger than the OEM footprint?

Or vice versa, the footprint of the OEM housing is larger than the FitcamX footprint, meaning that i will have visible gaps of missing tint if i installed FitcamX?
 
2026 RAM RHO Order/Schedule/Build Thread Launch Control / 0-60 times Customer installed Alcon Brakes Another Serrano Green hits the wild Ram RHO Aftermarket Wheel Specs and Tire Pictures [Size/Offset] What did you do to your RHO Today?
2026 RAM RHO Order/Schedule/Build Thread Launch Control / 0-60 times Customer installed Alcon Brakes Another Serrano Green hits the wild
Back
Top