TaZer DT for RHO

New video shows how to put in 2wd and suggest it to be a manufacturer hack needed for factory purposes... may work without the synapze at all idk but I hope someone dailys it for 10k for the rest of us
 
They claim it's true rwd and it's safe, but I don't think that's the case. I commented on their FB post and they won't reply.
 
2WD engaged by following the new instruction sheet. Did a small burnout at a stop sign leaving the neighborhood to try it out and it definitely worked.
I think ya need more cameras... :LOL:
 
They claim it's true rwd and it's safe, but I don't think that's the case. I commented on their FB post and they won't reply.
All the Facebook stuff I've seen from them seems very condescending. It seems they don't like criticism, or questions. I'm interested in it, but my passenger headlight DRL sometimes flashes like crazy until it warms up (part of the recall parts aren't available for now). I'll wait this out till it's 100% proven.
 
100% agree. And they have a dedicated social media person. I could understand if it was a one man show and he's not a social media type of guy, but that's still not an excuse. However, the guy is PAID to run the socials and be the spokes person for the company, your entire job is PR and you take everything personally. Not the right guy in my opinion.
 
Wonder what it will do for mpg
This is my question. I'll leave in in 4WD Auto most of the time of course, but I commute about 200mi every few weeks & being able to force RWD for the drive and see maybe 19MPG would be kinda nice, actually.
 
This is my question. I'll leave in in 4WD Auto most of the time of course, but I commute about 200mi every few weeks & being able to force RWD for the drive and see maybe 19MPG would be kinda nice, actually.
19 MPG would be freaking awesome. I don’t think it’s gonna happen but it would be freaking awesome. So far the best I’ve done is 16.6 average over the course of 700 miles with the cruise set on 78. I’m dailying around 15.2 or 3. I personally would be very cautious with the use of that 2 Wheel Dr. function until you can find out from somebody that truly knows what the long-term effects would be on the transfer case.
 
They claim it's true rwd and it's safe, but I don't think that's the case. I commented on their FB post and they won't reply.
Right there with you. I also commented. No reply as well.
 
Unsure if it is possible with the SynapZe DT that I asked them about was being able to add Baja transmission to the Custom drive mode (we cannot for some reason)

I switch between Sport and Baja frequently based on traffic and how I prefer it holding gears but then it just gets too bouncy

The perfect Sport + mode would be Street everything with Baja transmission

I asked on FB and he pointed me to the video they made which didn't say yes or no
 
The question I ask myself was if it were hypothetically safe to run the Borg Warner 48 13 trans case in 2 Wheel Dr for long periods of time. Given the interest in being able to claim higher MPG. I would think the factory would’ve made it possible. Granted, if that selection were chosen, I could easily see them putting in a torque limitation value for the engine control module when that selection was made. It could possibly be a lubrication factor, but there are transfer cases out there that don’t require both halves to be spinning in order to maintain proper lubrication. I personally have not had one apart. I’m just throwing the plate of spaghetti against the wall to see if I can get a meatball to stick.
 
I think ya need more cameras... :LOL:
Yeah, it’s excessive haha. But I was gifted a second wolfbox unit and figured I’d put it to use as monitors for my two kids (1 & 3) when they’re riding.
 
100% agree. And they have a dedicated social media person. I could understand if it was a one man show and he's not a social media type of guy, but that's still not an excuse. However, the guy is PAID to run the socials and be the spokes person for the company, your entire job is PR and you take everything personally. Not the right guy in my opinion.
Yeah I’ve also noticed they do seem generally salty and abrasive in their replies; not the way to do business. I’ve also noticed that they’ve been getting a lot of retarded replies/ questions in replies. *** hides username haha*** but I am grateful that a product was released for our trucks that gave me an extra security layer, start/stop eliminator, and amber DRLs. Force RWD is cool but, like most, not confident yet to daily it that way.
 
The question I ask myself was if it were hypothetically safe to run the Borg Warner 48 13 trans case in 2 Wheel Dr for long periods of time. Given the interest in being able to claim higher MPG. I would think the factory would’ve made it possible. Granted, if that selection were chosen, I could easily see them putting in a torque limitation value for the engine control module when that selection was made. It could possibly be a lubrication factor, but there are transfer cases out there that don’t require both halves to be spinning in order to maintain proper lubrication. I personally have not had one apart. I’m just throwing the plate of spaghetti against the wall to see if I can get a meatball to stick.
Yeah – a pretty good stab at how the transfer case works mechanically. But the way you control torque distribution with software is through an electronically controlled wet clutch, and therein is where the problem lies.

As you mentioned, the RHO uses the BorgWarner BW48-13 full-time active two-speed transfer case. It does not use a center differential. The rear output is essentially the primary mechanical power path, while an electronically actuated multi-plate wet clutch controls how much torque is coupled into the chain-driven front output. Applying the clutch adds front torque; releasing it leaves engine propulsion at the rear. So SynapZe’s ForceRWD isn’t mechanically “converting” the transfer case or locking something backward, it’s commanding the front coupling clutch released. In normal rolling use, there’s no obvious mechanical reason that should hurt the transfer case. The caveat is sustained large front/rear speed differential. Z specifically says not to use ForceRWD on a 2WD dyno, and Ram’s transfer-case controls monitor for clutch over-temperature caused by excessive shaft-speed differential. So ordinary RWD driving is a very different proposition from sitting on the front brakes and spinning the rears at 100 mph for an extended period.

Conceptually, the torque path looks something like the attachment: (not a technical drawing)

Bottom line- normal driving with the front and rear drivelines spinning at the same RPMs for extended periods SHOULD not adversely affect the transfer case.

Disclaimer: yes, ChatGPT helped me do the research (it can search eleventy-million sites faster than I can); no ChatGPT did not write my response. (I’ve been a certificated aircraft mechanic/engineer for 30+ years)
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3481.webp
    IMG_3481.webp
    37.7 KB · Views: 5
I think the ECU would just reduce timing, fuel, and air flow. To reduce torque. I’m not talking about torque distribution. I’m talking about total available torque. The distribution question in this case is null and void with the theoretical selection rear wheel drive only. There is only one path available.
 
Last edited:
Thoughts on RHO's Front End? If your vehicle hits production Center console Photoshop FBM RHO with innov8 wheels Mopar Running Boards Got My RHO Today!!!
Thoughts on RHO's Front End? If your vehicle hits production Center console Photoshop FBM RHO with innov8 wheels

Trending content

Back
Top