Audio upgrade ideas?

I just blew one of my rear speakers and it sounds so bad.

Hopefully this doesn’t happen to any of you guys, because it is currently backordered with no ETA at the dealer.

Crazy how if something goes wrong with these trucks, including a $2 speaker, it seems all parts are back ordered.
Perfect time to find an upgrade!
 
Which rear speaker blew? The only speaker I see that's back ordered is the sub. It shows existing orders ETA's to be Jun. 3

View attachment 12656
Weird! My paperwork just says “ordered sop rear speakers, parts backorderd” and they told me there’s no ETA
 
Perfect time to find an upgrade!

I was thinking about that, but isn’t the PAC harness still not available to add amplifiers and new speakers?
 
I was thinking about that, but isn’t the PAC harness still not available to add amplifiers and new speakers?
You could do a drop in in the meantime. Just won’t sound anything like it will once pac has their module and you amp and tune it
 
I’m thinking about buying the cdt audio unity 8 plus speakers for the dash corners and dropping them in to see if it bears improvement in the meantime.
 
I was thinking about that, but isn’t the PAC harness still not available to add amplifiers and new speakers?
Any movement on this? Gonna sound deaden the doors in the next few weeks and is has me contemplating speakers…
 
You could do a drop in in the meantime. Just won’t sound anything like it will once pac has their module and you amp and tune it
I’ve been looking at drop ins, maybe 2 or 3 ohm. Does anyone know what power the factory amp is putting out?
 
Any movement on this? Gonna sound deaden the doors in the next few weeks and is has me contemplating speakers…
I deadened my 16 Fusion Titanium. I went all out.

It sounded much better (less road noise, better sound quality, etc.) to me, but the db Meter registered < 2 point drop in interior car noise.

My most significant benefit was how much cooler the car felt during our brutal summer heat.
 
I deadened my 16 Fusion Titanium. I went all out.

It sounded much better (less road noise, better sound quality, etc.) to me, but the db Meter registered < 2 point drop in interior car noise.

My most significant benefit was how much cooler the car felt during our brutal summer heat.
Nice! I’ve done it to the last two trucks and I’ve really enjoyed the benefits of temp control, audio improvement/reduced rattle, and reduced outside noise. Going with soundshield this round.
 
Nice! I’ve done it to the last two trucks and I’ve really enjoyed the benefits of temp control, audio improvement/reduced rattle, and reduced outside noise. Going with soundshield this round.
My Fusion cost me $25K, after financing.

I'm a bit hesitant to start taking apart a $ 85,000+ truck...
 
Any movement on this? Gonna sound deaden the doors in the next few weeks and is has me contemplating speakers…
I'm running a powered Kicker 10 Hideaway...sounds good, but lost active ANC. All factory speakers are 4 ohm by the way. Problem is they wired the 7 top half in unity...so no workaround as of yet. Waiting for Net Audio to figure it out and release prewired replacements for the dash locations at least, to brighten it up a bit.
 
I'm running a powered Kicker 10 Hideaway...sounds good, but lost active ANC. All factory speakers are 4 ohm by the way. Problem is they wired the 7 top half in unity...so no workaround as of yet. Waiting for Net Audio to figure it out and release prewired replacements for the dash locations at least, to brighten it up a bit.
Thanks man! I’m gonna try my best to keep ANC and find speaker upgrades that will work well off the factory amp power. Speaking of net audio, I’m curious when they will update the rear sub option they had for other Ram trucks. Keeping the floor space is always nice
 
Thanks man! I’m gonna try my best to keep ANC and find speaker upgrades that will work well off the factory amp power. Speaking of net audio, I’m curious when they will update the rear sub option they had for other Ram trucks. Keeping the floor space is always nice
It's the new electrical architecture, evidently it's boned everything from the Tazer to aftermarket audio...been a real nightmare for everyone.
 
I have a loaded amp rack being built by SoundsGood. I had one for my Raptor and it was fantastic, integrated very well. It should be shipping soon. Once I have an idea on the components included, I'll decide on subs to round it out. Their set-ups do a great job of dealing with the bass roll off from the OEM speakers so I'm holding off on replacing interior speakers until I hear how things sound. I'll most likely be going with Audio Frog for interior speakers when the time comes
 
It's the new electrical architecture, evidently it's boned everything from the Tazer to aftermarket audio...been a real nightmare for everyone.
That new electrical architecture makes these trucks a lot harder to steal. Catch 22
 
That new electrical architecture makes these trucks a lot harder to steal. Catch 22
Indeed, the Lord giveth and he taketh away. 🤣
 
Focal or Audison. Anyone had any experience with Audison Prima line of speakers?
 
Has anyone had luck adding a stealth box or similar under the back seats while maintaining ANC? From the first time I heard the HK system it felt weak on bass. My 2014 Laramie Alpine system had much better bass.

Hoping to not totally tear apart the electronics to add a subwoofer but haven’t been able to find anything online so far.

Any recommendations?
 
My 2022 Rebel with the Harmon Kardon system sounded much better than the HK system in the 2026. Not sure what the difference is? The RHO sounds pretty cheap to be honest. Yes I have surround sound on.
 
1758851140224.gif
 
SOUTHWEST ROADTRIP Uodate on my RHO Delivery See yall on the next exciting forum. Selling the RHO Tonneau debate continues What did you do to your RHO Today? aFe Track Series Carbon Fiber Intake Back In Stock
SOUTHWEST ROADTRIP Uodate on my RHO Delivery See yall on the next exciting forum. Selling the RHO Tonneau debate continues

Trending content

Back
Top